Ok so my friend had an iphone and used a app called Cell tracker and put my phone # in the app and it told him exactly where i was at on a map. I want to disable that. I went into >options, >advanced options, >GPS, and under Gps Location changed to location off, but it still was able to trace where i was at when he did it. Is there a way to stop that from happening.
    06-23-10 01:00 PM
    Dang, I've heard of these apps but I didn't know they actually work... That is kinda scary...
    06-23-10 01:08 PM
    That is super scary, especially if you have a crazy b/f or g/f, not that i do but im looking out for other people out there too
    06-23-10 01:42 PM
    It was not tracking your phone, but was actually tracking your friend's phone and spoofing it wit your number. Its a fun app for iPhone.

Description
    Imagine the look on your friends faces when they think you will always know where they are because you can track any cell phone on any network anywhere in the world!

How to use:
    - When you are with your friends, tell them that you have an app that will track their location anywhere in the world.
    - When they tell you they don't believe you, punch in their cell phone numb... Read Moreer and click on Initiate Track.
    - The app will then scan the world, transition across four different zoom levels and pinpoint their exact location (which is really your location) on the map with a radar icon marker. The marker will show their phone number as well as the city, state and country of their location.

How does it do this?
    Well, it's actually finding your location, but since you are with them, they will think it actually found THEIR location. The super realistic transitions and graphics are sure to fool anyone. Trust me... everyone i have tried this on has fallen for it every time!
    Source: http://www.appstorehq.com/cellphonet...hone-82176/app
    06-23-10 02:28 PM
    check the video.. guy is creepy..

oh and to answer your question if you can stop it.... No. since it's finding your friend's phone... Turn off HIS GPS then see if it works again.
    06-23-10 02:30 PM
    check the video.. guy is creepy..

oh and to answer your question if you can stop it.... No. since it's finding your friend's phone... Turn off HIS GPS then see if it works again.

Better yet, tell him to imput a random number or 111-111-1111 and then prepare to laugh
    06-23-10 02:45 PM
    I can't believe i didn't think of him tracking his phone psarna thank you very much for the information i really appreciate it.
    06-23-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD