My GPS never actually gains my location. It always times out. All my settings are correct. When I ran the test of the GPS it says it timed out. What is wrong? OS .436
    01-07-10 10:26 PM
    I had similar problems with .328 and .419. on both bb maps and google maps. One day i shrunk my os for the heck of it and for some reason now my GPS works great.

Im not saying to go shrink your os.
    01-08-10 06:01 PM
    I never had problem with GPS, upgrade your OS should solve the issue.
    01-27-10 05:55 PM
    My GPS never actually gains my location. It always times out. All my settings are correct. When I ran the test of the GPS it says it timed out. What is wrong? OS .436
    If this is the case that means you are having hardware problem.
    02-02-10 11:53 PM
    Hardware problem, or the device can't see enough satellites for long enough to receive the ephemeris and almanack then get a fix. I suggest you give something like Google Maps at least 30 minutes in a position with a good view of the sky to see if anything comes up. That seems to be pretty agressive at provoking the GPS to life, at least when it is the foreground application.

As a rough guide, for a system reset and total cold start on a marine GPS I expect to walk away and come back to see first fix 20 minutes later (it takes time to make coffee, right?). Some may come up faster, others might be more like 30-40 minutes. For a warm start with an approximate position still valid you might get a fix in less than 1 minute. I believe some cell providers also host GPS almanack for OTA download which might be faster than getting it from satellite, but we don't know if this is available to you or not.
    02-06-10 10:05 AM
    Try below test and see what happens,
    1 make sure you are outside or in your car
    2 go into options on your blackberry
    4 click on status
    5 type the word "test"
    6 Hit the menu button
    7 click start
    8 check the check box for GPS
    9 click run
    Wait a few moments (usually it isn't too long. Then it will say successful if GPS works.
    02-13-10 02:39 PM
    Sorry, I have been very busy but the actual GPS chip malfunctioned. I have since gotten a replacement device
    02-13-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD