When I try and use the blackberry maps gps, it takes forever to find me. Yes, I'm standing outside in a clear area but it takes forever. As a matter of fact its never found me! I just use Google Maps. What's wrong with my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 07:40 PM
    I have the same problem, so I just use Google maps. I don't think it's your phone, I think it's some flaw with the GPS feature on the phone. Just my 2 cents.
    09-05-09 07:46 PM
    Have you tried refreshing your GPS before starting BB Maps?

Options > Advanced Options > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS

Whilst there, also check the following settings:-

GPS Data Source = Device GPS
    GPS Services = Location On
    Location Aiding = Enabled
    09-05-09 08:00 PM
    Have you tried refreshing your GPS before starting BB Maps?

Options > Advanced Options > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS

Whilst there, also check the following settings:-

GPS Data Source = Device GPS
    GPS Services = Location On
    Location Aiding = Enabled
    When i try this it never finds satellites
    09-05-09 10:22 PM
    Me too me too me too

09-06-09 12:32 AM
    Maybe this is why AT&T disables it (BB Maps). Google Maps and UberTwitter pic up my location just fine.
    09-06-09 07:37 AM
    I totally agree and this is where the iphone is far superior to the 8900. It ridiculously slow.

09-06-09 08:08 AM
    I totally agree and this is where the iphone is far superior to the 8900. It ridiculously slow.

I don't have an iToy, but my 8900 locks onto 7 satellites in under 30 secs... which I think is ridiculously fast
    09-06-09 08:13 AM

Bull ****.

I don't have an iToy, but my 8900 locks onto 7 satellites in under 30 secs... which I think is ridiculously fast
    Correct.
    09-06-09 08:58 AM
    Same here, mine locks on within 20-30 seconds... The first time you connect to GPS it will take a LONG time! Just go out on your deck, load BBmaps, start GPS and leave it there... Come back in 15 mins, if nothing, come back again in 15 more mins. It should be locked on by then... It has something to do with download packets and such so the satelites can lock on quicker and such. You need to do this everytime you update your OS, upgrade your BB, and such... If you do a battery pull your fine lol. Just if you upgrade your OS then you'll need to do that leave outside for a while thing.

Trust me this works... Also I would like to add maybe instead of letting it sit there on the deck or whatever... Load GPS and out it in your pokcet and go for a 20-30 min walk... The moving with help with a lock on.

09-06-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD