You are right, we are a bunch of cheap so & so's. Can I get the link also?
    01-29-10 11:41 AM
    Cheap? Absolutely!
    May I also get the link?
    01-29-10 12:21 PM
    I would like the link too please
    01-29-10 11:01 PM
    Toss that bad boy link my way as well... I'm mr. Cheap!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 01:55 AM
    The bottom line...

If you are willing to pay, Telenav is the absolute best. Its better than VZNav and Garmin in every way. Garmin is solid but it feels a bit stripped down for some reason. Telenav has voice search, and great selections such as cheapest gas, restaurants by cuisine, and weather. Sounds like a most of what I used Poynt for minus the reverse lookup. Anyhow, I found Telenav to be the most dependable GPS for many reasons. Its always updated with the most current POI's and maps. The map automatically reroutes immediately. And its very fast. It scans for traffic every 5 minutes automatically and gives alternage routes if one exists. I havs not experienced any strange directions as I have with Garmin. Since I have both (free link works folks), I tried to compare them against one another. I could not find a single advantage for Garmin. VZNav is pretty reliable too, but its just a step down from Telenav.

I tried Amaze 5.0 as well, and it did not work for me either. The UI is bad in the Storm. I deleted it. It was $34 s year.

I am hoping Urban Horizon makes a BB version because they are the closest to Telenav in my experience. At the moment, they are only for Windows mobile. Its cheaper to use annually.

Let's face it, if you want a dependable turn by turn navigation device, it costs money. Google and Bing maps are about even in my experience. But they are really just good aids when you navigate. BB maps has the better GPS lock and updates every few seconds as opposed to every 8 to 10 seconds like Google and Bing. It auto rotates the map to your direction using the "track up" feature. The maps are not as fancy but they are good for what they need to do. BB maps fall short in turn by turn. I don't know why it doesn't give you directions as you navigate. I think the phone companies made them remove this feature. Its really the only thing that keeps it from being a pretty good took when combined with Poynt. I still like to use it from time to time, but since I tried Telenav, I an just making sure I get my mony's worth. And I am.

01-30-10 06:59 AM
    Thanks for that assessment

01-30-10 07:36 AM
    I'd fancy that link very much too...Thanks for the pm!
    01-30-10 11:12 AM
    If you wanna throw that link this way... I wouldn't be upset. = )

01-30-10 11:23 AM
    I have BB Maps, VZNavigator, Garmin, BlackStar, and Google Maps installed and working properly. VZNavigator does have the awesome realtime traffic reporting. These apps are not perfect and depend on many variables we have little control over. Keep your eyes and ears open at all times and do not switch your brain off when using them ! Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-30-10 at 09:40 PM. Reason: punctuation
    01-30-10 09:40 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD