I have a storm 2 with Verizon
    I find the Blackberry GPS awkward to use and think its ridiculous to pay Verizon for their crappy Navigator every month

Im not a computer guy but try as hard as I can to keep up
    Can someone point me to a link that will explain how to get a decent GPS on this phone that is simple enough for a 6 year old to understand?

I tried google maps and it doesnt seem to work at all on this phone
    and either does amAze
    I dont want to buy a GPS program only to find it wont work either
    01-17-10 10:14 PM
    Telnav is decent, but I use VZN to be honest. My guess why blackberry GPS and Amaze aren't working is you haven't turned on the GPS on your device. Go to Options and turn it on.

Voice directions on your GPS phone: TeleNav
    01-17-10 10:17 PM
    Google Maps works perfectly on the Storm (1 and 2) and is probably by far and away the number one (most used) free GPS program. If yours is not working it may be because when you downloaded it, your browser was set to IE or FireFox instead of BlackBerry. If it's not set to BlackBerry, Google Maps gives you the wrong version that doesn't work on a touch screen. Assuming that you have GPS turned on, delete your current Google Maps, then launch the browser, hit menu>options>browser configuration and make sure the browser identification says BlackBerry, then re-download Google Maps. It should work fine. If it doesn't, tell us exactly what's not working and we'll help you figure it out.

Personally, I think the best GPS app out there is Garmin Mobile, but it's $80, and I think you're looking for something free.
    Last edited by grey; 01-17-10 at 10:54 PM.
    01-17-10 10:52 PM
    i use Google Maps, i love it and it seems to work great.
    01-17-10 11:09 PM
    google is good but garmin mobile is better if you look in the right place you can find the garmin mobile program free not the trial.
    01-17-10 11:11 PM
    Personally I use Garmin Mobile Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile

Looked everywhere for a freebie, but they all had their issues.
    01-17-10 11:15 PM
    I have a storm 2 with Verizon
    I find the Blackberry GPS awkward to use and think its ridiculous to pay Verizon for their crappy Navigator every month

Im not a computer guy but try as hard as I can to keep up
    Can someone point me to a link that will explain how to get a decent GPS on this phone that is simple enough for a 6 year old to understand?

I tried google maps and it doesnt seem to work at all on this phone
    and either does amAze
    I dont want to buy a GPS program only to find it wont work either

Take a look at this summary thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/su...thread-247313/
    01-18-10 09:39 AM
    google is good but garmin mobile is better if you look in the right place you can find the garmin mobile program free not the trial.
    There's no free Garmin Mobile for Blackberry. All "Free" versions are trial only and will expire. I use GM on my S2 and love it. It's worth the cost and transferable to your new BB Storm if & when you upgrade. Garmin provided me a new activation code when I upgraed from my S1 to S2.
    01-18-10 10:49 AM
    Poynt also has mapping capabilities. I have Poynt as an app on my S2 which works great but I've never had to use the map it on Poynt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 12:26 PM
    There's no free Garmin Mobile for Blackberry. All "Free" versions are trial only and will expire. I use GM on my S2 and love it. It's worth the cost and transferable to your new BB Storm if & when you upgrade. Garmin provided me a new activation code when I upgraed from my S1 to S2.
    does garmin use the autonomous GPS or aGPS? I cant stand how VZ nav is not funtional when your on a call via bluetooth while you drive. The whole.... data/voice issue
    01-18-10 12:50 PM
    Well yes there is man I'm running it.
    And I didn't pay a cent for it.
    01-18-10 01:04 PM
    PM me the link if you can
    01-18-10 01:33 PM
    I know this may sound like noob question.. I downloaded 3.2.1 google maps version on my storm 2, I had storm 1 since it was first released, got this pile because storm 1 got run over by a car.. to make long story short, after getting storm 2 I had google maps working for a week or so, full screen, can tilt it etc.. then I install 3.2.1 version and its this small pile of a half screen where you can hardly see S^$%!!

I'm sure others are having the same problem or at least I hope! Did they change the app in some way? Am I missing something?

Many tks to all for any feedback in advance!
    01-19-10 01:32 AM
    I know this may sound like noob question.. I downloaded 3.2.1 google maps version on my storm 2, I had storm 1 since it was first released, got this pile because storm 1 got run over by a car.. to make long story short, after getting storm 2 I had google maps working for a week or so, full screen, can tilt it etc.. then I install 3.2.1 version and its this small pile of a half screen where you can hardly see S^$%!!

I'm sure others are having the same problem or at least I hope! Did they change the app in some way? Am I missing something?

Many tks to all for any feedback in advance!
    I think you dl the non-touch screen version of google maps. Set your browser to blackberry and try downloading it again.
    01-19-10 02:42 AM
    I'd appreciate a pm with the link too
    01-19-10 03:00 AM
    I'd also like a pm with the link.
    01-19-10 12:38 PM
    I would also like to get a PM with the link as well please....
    01-21-10 08:19 PM
    Hey can I get the link to the free garmn?

[email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 09:13 PM
    May I get one as well?
    01-22-10 01:43 AM
    did anyone ever get the link? i would like one too if possible!
    01-28-10 02:56 PM
    Ditto! I would like a link as well
    01-28-10 03:44 PM
    Take a look at this summary thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/su...thread-247313/
    thank you for that link Grey

01-28-10 09:17 PM
    I would like the link too . Don't think we are getting it though.
    01-28-10 11:17 PM
    I would like the link too please.
    01-29-10 08:58 AM
    Pay for the software you cheapies.
    01-29-10 09:11 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD