Hi all,
    I've been looking for a solution to my GPS not working for a while now and getting nowhere, can anyone offer any suggestions?

I've done all the usual stuff, gone in options then GPS while stood in a field and refreshed the GPS. I've done battery pulls and tried switching things on and of but I just can't get anywhere.

The phone was originally on Vodafone UK but was unlocked and is now on O2 UK, could that have something to with it? Is there a sewcive book missing? I spoke to O2 who didn't really help.

Many Thanks

Paul

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 07:19 AM
    Have you run the internal self-test? If not, go to Options / Status and type test. You won't see the letters repeated on the screen. You'll be prompted to run the Self-test. Select the GPS module. I'm not familiar with either Vodaphone or O2 UK. I don't know if either of them restricts GPS use.
    04-02-11 07:27 AM
    Hi, yes i`ve run the self test and it just times out waiting for something to happen.
    I used to have a Nokia 5800 on O2 UK with GPS that worked fine but I don't know if they restrict for certain phones? Also my brother has a Bold with GPS also on O2 he has no problems.

04-02-11 07:32 AM
    If the GPS in your brother's Bold works on O2, then the GPS in your Storm 2 should also. If you are the original owner, and the phone is less than a year old, you have a warranty claim.
    04-02-11 07:37 AM
    Ah, unfortunately I'm not. I bought the phone second hand. It's a shame because everything else woks fine and I love the phone.

04-02-11 07:39 AM
    Doubt it's a "real" hardware problem. Search the internet for GPS problems on Tour or Storm. You should find the name of a tool that can change the GPS settings as well as a host of other settings.

Maybe that tool was used on your phone.
    04-02-11 08:32 AM
    I'm of the same opinion, I don't think it's a problem with the device itself,
    I'll give that a try and see what I can find, thanks

04-02-11 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD