Ok, so all of a sudden my GPS no longer works. Poynt will only get a cell site location vs gps and my Garmin app fails to aquire satellites. It was working fine. I just flew home from Tampa to Ft Lauderdale and the Garmin map still shows I'm located in Tampa and won't update. Any suggestions? I've tried multiple battery pulls....

Thanks!
    05-09-10 10:30 AM
    Try turning GPS off and then back on, but make sure you are outside with clear view of the sky. Sometimes mine gets corn-fused when on airplanes. Also, try resending service book for GPS.
    05-09-10 10:35 AM
    Tried, that. By turn off you mean switch to E911 only and back to location on, correct? Stood outside after doing so ran weather bug and it keeps saying I'm in Somerset, Bahamas. I wish, but I'm actually in Ft. Lauderdale, and Garmin won't do anything. No problems after the flight to Tampa, however, this flight back appears to have caused a problem. How do I resend service book for GPS?
    05-09-10 10:47 AM
    The same thing happened to me once............ No GPS applications would work, Berryweather showed me 100s of miles away etc etc. Tried all the usual things, battery pull, service books etc nothing seemed to help.

For some reason, I changed back to the "stock" theme, rebooted and everything worked properly again. I'm not sure that the aftermarket theme really had anything to do with the GPS????????? But for some reason this worked in my case; go figure.

R...

Ok, so all of a sudden my GPS no longer works. Poynt will only get a cell site location vs gps and my Garmin app fails to aquire satellites. It was working fine. I just flew home from Tampa to Ft Lauderdale and the Garmin map still shows I'm located in Tampa and won't update. Any suggestions? I've tried multiple battery pulls....

Thanks!
    05-09-10 12:01 PM
    Yes, put on E911, go to options->advanced options->host routing table-> BB Menu ->register now.

That should resend all the service books to your device.
    05-09-10 12:06 PM
    Just got off the phone with Verizon, of course, they had no idea how to fix it and recommended just wiping the device. Tried downloading super pages (since that wasn't on the phone previously) just to see if a new application would work properly and it did locate me. In my mind, saying GPS isn't broken something is wrong with the current applications? So I deleted and reinstalled the apps that weren't working and still nothing... Gonna try and resend the service books now, hopefully that will help... Thanks for all the help!
    05-09-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD