I have a problem with the indicator but when I follow suggestions it only gives me the option for GPS Services as E911 Only or Location On. Could it be an icon for the location aiding?

I cannot find this option in the new OS for my Verizon 3G??
    01-30-11 10:48 AM
    What the f are you talking about? More explanation please. Indicator? where? what app? what are you trying to do?

Only options I can think of are under Options -> Device -> Location Settings (OS 6)
    01-30-11 11:02 AM
    I have some icon, under 3G, top right right, to the left of my wifi icon) some icon I have looks like GPS....I want this to go away as my GPS is not on...It is set to E911 and device GPS (device GPS is my only option)..

I do not use GPS and do not want this icon.

Thanks
    01-30-11 11:05 AM
    I have some icon, under 3G, top right right, to the left of my wifi icon) some icon I have looks like GPS....I want this to go away as my GPS is not on...It is set to E911 and device GPS (device GPS is my only option)..

I do not use GPS and do not want this icon.

Thanks
    You mean the crosshair thing? I don't know if you can turn that off. Well Device GPS is the GPS in the device you will not be able to change that unless you get an external GPS.

E911 means your GPS location will be sent in case of a 911 call I highly doubt you can turn that off. But one of the options should be Location Services where you can pick Location on / location off and there you go maybe that will help
    01-30-11 11:08 AM
    Yes, that is it. I went into maps and location is off. If you find a solution, can you let me know. Do you have the same icon as well?

I recall in OS5, location aiding was an option, I turned that off and no icon. I cannot find location in OS6.
    01-30-11 11:13 AM
    Your only options are going to be "E911 Only" or "Location On".

As noted above, you cannot get rid of the "crosshairs" icon. It indicates E911 GPS is on. The "radio waves" next to the "crosshairs" would indicate that the "Location On" is enabled.

Why are you trying to get rid of the "crosshairs" icon?
    01-30-11 11:42 AM
    I do not have radio waves? It is the wifi icon to the right I have. I would not know what the radio waves look like?

In OS5, I was told to turn off GPS, disable location aiding as GPS drained battery. I do not use GPS, want to make sure I have it off to save battery life. I would never use it for directions or anything like that anyway.
    01-30-11 11:56 AM
    You were misinformed.

GPS doesn't use battery unless you have an application open that is actively using it.

The "radio waves" look like two parentheses )) after the "cross hairs".
    01-30-11 12:10 PM
    I have no radio waves so I guess GPS is off. Thanks
    01-30-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD