I have moved form a Nokia 95 and used the Sports Tracker application allot to track my Cycle training then upload to the web,is there a similar for a BB?

I have a BB storm.

M
    11-18-08 07:35 AM
    Try AllsportGPS it works very well and allows you to overlay your route onto Google Maps.
    11-18-08 08:03 AM
    Try SMap from Sanoodi. It's free, and has route simplification and live route recording.
    11-18-08 09:58 AM
    I have tried Smap but does not work very well on a BB Storm.
    11-19-08 05:04 AM
    Can you use Smap without creating an account? The docs are confusing in that respect but it will not get past the logon screen.

I do not want to necessarily share my route with the world but they made it sound as if you could use it with google maps or such???
    11-19-08 01:55 PM
    Is there anything that will work without subscriptions? What about tracking elevation gains for biking or skiing?
    11-19-08 08:55 PM
    AllSportGPS is great. Couldn't recommend bit more highly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 09:20 PM
    @Powdah and F2
    SMap is free (no subscriptions) and doesn't appear to be any plans to introduce them.
    I naughtily use SMap most of the time without uploading routes onto their site! Create an account on the device and record your routes. Once a route has been recorded you can export it as a GPX or KML file. As there is no matching account on the Sanoodi site, my routes cannot be uploaded.
    I do have another account on the 8800 which has a corresponding Sanoodi account (papalamour) and when the urge takes me i do record these live onto the site via GPRS. Pretty cool as it allows you to edit the route and you can choose several google or Yahoo map backgrounds to display the route against. It does show elevation gain etc but these are different on the device and on the site. I think the device elevation gain is from the GPS and the site must be using a digital terrain model hence the difference.
    11-21-08 05:28 AM
    Thanks for the followup.

I will give it a shot.
    11-21-08 09:57 AM
    All Sports is great but it expires after a few days! any tip how to make it work after expiry without subscription??
    12-03-08 10:07 AM
    Go to the BlackBerry owner's lounge, where they have a free year of AllSport GPS, which is what I use when biking.

-neil

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 10:40 AM
    I cannot find a GPS software such as AllSport that will work on the Storm. Any suggestions. I am going to give Smap a try.
    12-04-08 10:38 AM
    SMap did not work for me. Any other suggestions for my Storm
    12-11-08 11:54 AM
    The AllSport offer only seems to be on the US Lounge site, not on the UK one!! is it a code?
    12-12-08 08:49 AM
    I'm looking for a program that has a widget that can be used on a blog that shows my path, current location, and some information like distance and pace. Any ideas?

As for the storm -- GPSed works fine on the storm. It works in compatibility mode so it's a little annoying but otherwise ok. Also, accutracking works well.
    12-13-08 12:17 AM
    Hmmm the govt's of the world no longer need to spend a bunch of money tracking people's movements, since people are now paying money to track their own?
    12-13-08 01:45 AM
    GPSed is free
    12-13-08 01:47 AM
    need help with amazegps tells me no satellite
    12-13-08 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD