Hello, I was in another thread about battery issues and someone had talked about gps. I am a foursquare addict and use sprint nav 5 to 10 times a day. Is there a way to set the settings to save battery while still using my apps or am I stuck with everything set to allow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 11:45 AM
    Hello, I was in another thread about battery issues and someone had talked about gps. I am a foursquare addict and use sprint nav 5 to 10 times a day. Is there a way to set the settings to save battery while still using my apps or am I stuck with everything set to allow?

Not much you can do about GPS battery drain except to close apps that use GPS when not in use and make update intervals as long as reasonable for you when using apps like BeWeather. Another thing you can do, I'm presuming that you are driving your car when useing Sprint Nav, is get yourself a car charger and plug your deivce in anytime you are in the car, especially if your are using Sprint Nav.
    12-02-10 11:50 AM
    Darn. So that e911 thing won't let the apps work?

12-02-10 11:54 AM
    You just need to make sure you close the GPS app's when not using them. I have it set this way for googlemaps. When Googlemaps is running, it uses my GPS. When I close the app, GPS is off.
    12-02-10 12:26 PM
    Darn. So that e911 thing won't let the apps work?
    That's correct. The E911 setting is used for automatically broadcasting your GPS location only when 911 is dialed from your phone. Otherwise, the GPS is inactive when in E911 mode, so Apps that use GPS will typically announce via a pop-up that GPS needs to be turned on for the App to work correctly.
    12-30-10 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD