So when I use the google maps app it gives me my location only within a couple thousand meters and says gps unavailable. Is there a program that displays gps satellite signal strength? Also, vz navigator freezes on the splash screen and I thought it may be gps related. I have the gps turned on in options and I've given permission to the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 02:30 PM
    GPS will not work with Google maps on my Verizon Storm 9530 all I get is the cell tower estimates of my location. Blackberry maps do work as well as GPSed so the problem must lie within Google maps code. This has been the situation since I got my Storm and I have installed 4 or 5 Storm OS updates. I keep hoping that Google might release an update to accommodate all of us Berry fans out here!
    02-13-09 02:38 PM
    A couple THOUSAND METERS? Lol, might as well just carry a map, sextant, plies of maps and a compass.
    02-13-09 03:09 PM
    I got vz nav to work by changing its permission levels. The same didn't help google maps. On the road to the keys now and the gf is driving so I'm working out the new berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD