Hey everyone, I will be recieving my Torch tomorrow, (from UPS) and i was wondering if GPS usage is considered data, and therefore takes away from my monthly data allowance, or is it a totally seperate service that requires an addition service cost.

If it is considered regular data, It is high-usage, or low-usage. (If you could be specific that would be great, ie. mb/kb per trip or w.e)

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    10-05-10 04:31 PM
    Yes, GPS is data and depending on the amnt of usage can get high. Specifics, I never cared to calculate due to the fact I have a 6GB plan. But, realistically as long as you have a 500MB data plan you should be fine with that which would cover GPS and regular BB usage.
    10-05-10 05:03 PM
    Yes, GPS is data and depending on the amnt of usage can get high. Specifics, I never cared to calculate due to the fact I have a 6GB plan. But, realistically as long as you have a 500MB data plan you should be fine with that which would cover GPS and regular BB usage.
    Alright, thanks a lot!
    looks like my garmin can take a break for a while (y)
    10-05-10 05:11 PM
    the app that uses the gps function uses data! The actual gps use to get your co-ordinates does not use any data at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD