So I came from a curve 8900 to the bold and I've had it for a couple days now. The gps on me 8900 worked pretty fast for google maps and amaze, but when I use my gps on the bold it takes a while for it to kick in. Is this normal? If not is there a way to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 02:48 PM
    Hi,

Are you outside? I've found from past experience that my old Nokia E71 could get a GPS signal in a particular building, but in the same place my Bold couldn't.
    As soon as I walked out the front door it had a fix in about 5 seconds.

Paul
    08-03-09 04:28 PM
    Hi,

Are you outside? I've found from past experience that my old Nokia E71 could get a GPS signal in a particular building, but in the same place my Bold couldn't.
    As soon as I walked out the front door it had a fix in about 5 seconds.

Paul
    Yeah! For some the BOLD seems to like being outside. I assume you did a GPS refresh!?
    08-03-09 04:57 PM
    Try going into Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and sending a "Register Now" message from the menu there. It typically speeds up a lot. Also Turning off mobile networks and then turning them back on helps.
    08-03-09 04:59 PM
    Yeah! For some the BOLD seems to like being outside. I assume you did a GPS refresh!?
    noticed the same thing
    08-03-09 05:47 PM
    The outdoors, quite a Bold and daring phone no?
    08-03-09 05:50 PM
    hmm i'll try that while im out i just wanted to make sure my gps isnt broken or anything. thanks for the input
    08-03-09 06:11 PM
    hmm i'll try that while im out i just wanted to make sure my gps isnt broken or anything. thanks for the input
    GPS REFRESH also helps......
    08-03-09 06:15 PM
    Yes, it does take a while, actually it always did. It all comes down to where you are, the signal strength of your GPS, and how well it can see the sky.

GPS Refresh doesn't quite work though, as Google Maps is already doing that for you

Every Bold, and Every phone with a GPS will not act the same. Different brand of GPS involve, etc, strength, etc.
    In my experience, phone GPS's though remarkably good are still low on the totem pole
    08-03-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD