Can someone please tell me dose the Sprint Curve 8330 have stand alone GPS or is it only assisted GPS. Please provide a link so I can check it out I want to know and show someone else so I need proof.
    03-19-09 12:22 PM
    Stand alone.

None of the Curves have assisted GPS. Just go to BlackBerry's website.
    03-19-09 12:32 PM
    One of the reasons that I asked this question is because the Sprint website didn't have the 8330 listed for the last few days but I just checked and it is back.

This from the sprint features list:

GPS
    Assisted, autonomous, simultaneous. Supports Sprint Navigation, BlackBerry Maps & other GPS applications.

SO sprints version is assisted capable I was wondering because when I am in my office at work I get the blue ring around the locator in google maps this usually means tower assisted location and is not as accurate. In my office I have no satellite coverage and the location shows to be off I told my co worker that this is because it is running in assisted mode because we are inside of the building.
    03-19-09 01:42 PM
    Google Maps will almost always show your location based upon tower triangulation because it has a hard time keeping a satellite lock. But I would not call this assisted-GPS. It's tower triangulation.

But BB Maps (and Google Maps when it can get a lock) will use the GPS which is typically spot on accurate.

The only BlackBerry devices listed as having A-GPS are the Bold and the Storm.
    03-19-09 02:52 PM
    Great thanks for all your help that clears things up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD