Me and my girlfriend both have 9780 phones. However, she is with o2 and I am with T-mobile. Both of us were sitting in my house with our phones (wifi off) and she checked in on Facebook and it came up with all locations nearby.

But when I go to do it, it tells me my location cannot be found.

This was the same with my old 9700 too, also on T-Mobile. Does this simply mean that T-Mobile's cell towers aren't as good? Or is it my sim-card or something?

I should also point out that, whilst doing the check-in on Facebook, my signal was 3G five bars, yet my girlfriend's signal was EDGE on three bars.

Strange!
    04-12-11 07:07 AM
    Nothing to do with your signal, is your gps location enabled in options?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 09:48 AM
    Moving to GPS & Mapping
    04-12-11 09:54 AM
    Try turning on the location aiding option in the GPS settings.
    04-12-11 10:09 AM
    It's all enabled. All the relevant GPS settings.

I also tried the o2 sim in my phone and it worked so it must be t-mobile that suck. Or could there be something wrong with the sim card? It can't be the phone, as it did the same with my 9700. My 9780 is a week old.
    04-12-11 10:13 AM
    It's all enabled. All the relevant GPS settings.

I also tried the o2 sim in my phone and it worked so it must be t-mobile that suck. Or could there be something wrong with the sim card? It can't be the phone, as it did the same with my 9700. My 9780 is a week old.
    Sounds like you might be missing some service books or something.

04-12-11 10:18 AM
    Sounds like you might be missing some service books or something.

Anyway to confirm this?
    04-12-11 10:23 AM
    Only thing I can think of is delete the facebook app then reinstall it from the link tmobile pushes to your phone, it will show as an app icon but it's really just a link to download the app

I remember once a friend's 9700 wouldn't download the facebook app when I was going to the blackberry mobile site but when I tried trough that link it downloaded, worth a try.

04-12-11 10:33 AM
    He was on O2

04-12-11 10:33 AM
    Trouble is, it's not just Facebook. My girlfriend has geotagging on with the camera and it comes up with a location after a few seconds. Mines fails. Just so damn annoying.
    04-12-11 12:53 PM
    One last thing I can thing of, disable a-gps and that should take network out of equation.
    Do you have the official tmobile os on your phone though?

04-12-11 01:20 PM
    How do I disable a-gps?

I have the leaked OS on my phone. The phone was bought sim-free and so didn't come from t-mobile.
    04-12-11 02:17 PM
    How do I disable a-gps?

I have the leaked OS on my phone. The phone was bought sim-free and so didn't come from t-mobile.
    That's your problem right there
    Firstly I think you'll need a new sim for a 9700, when you buy it new from a carrier they give you a new sim. What phone was that sim to start with?
    Also tmobile operates to different frequencies then O2 so that might be a problem.
    I would install the official OS from tmobile first and see if that works, if not ask for a new sim

04-12-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD