Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this has already been asked but that Profiler application that was put up today on the blog had me thinking...

Google funded like 5 app projects for the Android OS that looked profitable / useful to the community. I remember one of them being an app that would change the sound Profile based on your GPS. You could set it so that when you walked into work it would switch to vibrate and when you walked out it would switch back to sound.

My question for all those app builders out there..Is this possible for the Storm? It would be very useful and I wouldn't mind spending up to 10-15 bucks on something like this.
    02-09-09 10:04 AM
    Sorry for double posting, I was hoping DMG or Sith had any ideas about this.
    02-09-09 10:33 AM
    "google" and "GPS" in the same sentence is full of fail.
    02-09-09 10:52 AM
    "google" and "GPS" in the same sentence is full of fail.
    haha that is true...at least for BlackBerry devices but I wouldn't want Google working on this! I mean these fine Storm app developers we have right here on the forum (or their friends)
    02-09-09 10:53 AM
    It has been asked before -- there was a thread a couple months ago asking if there would be an app allowing you to set GPS waypoints and your sound profile would change based on where you were in relation to the waypoints.

For instance, you set a waypoint for work and once you arrive your profile changes to vibrate. You set a waypoint for the local bar and the profile changes to Loud, etc.

I think the conclusion was that the sound profiles were fairly difficult to access, so changing them with a third-party app is a formidable task.
    02-09-09 10:57 AM
    I think the conclusion was that the sound profiles were fairly difficult to access, so changing them with a third-party app is a formidable task.
    Well I think $5-15 from each person would be more than worth it for the developers time.
    02-09-09 11:00 AM
    i think you might have to do like the developer was trying to do with the buzzme app... you would have to make the 3rd party app activate it's own sound profiles, and leave the phone ones on silent.
    02-09-09 11:18 AM
    Check the new CB blog post about Profiler, which changes your sound profile base on time of day. I think this would be much less batter draining than having your GPS running all day just to switch profiles once or twice a day.
    02-09-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD