Enter a bogus e-mail. [email protected] and it will let you thru. It worked for me.
    11-26-08 02:39 PM
    The AmazeGPS app requires a joystick, which of course is not found on the Storm. Any way of getting around this?
    11-28-08 10:01 PM
    The actual issue at hand was the fact that I couldn't even select a default city from the drop-down menu during initial setup. Every time you touch a city (in an attempt to scroll) it selected it. So, how do you scroll the city menu?
    11-29-08 07:07 AM
    Amaze GPS is beta for the storm. you canset the city by using the multitap key pad. up and down.
    i couldn't get the gps to lock but in their forms they say it is in the works.
    11-29-08 10:07 AM
    Won't even let me cut and paste my email for Nav4all. I'm deleting it and I'll wait for a update to reinstall.
    Nav4All has released an update. Works great on my storm. 8.0.78 is what I have. Let me know you you have issues and I will provide my permission settings for ya
    11-29-08 05:14 PM
    I said this before somewhere else, all I did to get Nav4all to work in landscape was set the "Input Simulation" permission to allow, and it worked. I used it when I went apartment hunting today, the audible directions were spot on. Is there any way to keep the storm from fading out while using the app?
    11-29-08 05:51 PM
    I said this before somewhere else, all I did to get Nav4all to work in landscape was set the "Input Simulation" permission to allow, and it worked. I used it when I went apartment hunting today, the audible directions were spot on. Is there any way to keep the storm from fading out while using the app?
    m not trying to steal your thunder here, has the version I have been out for a while? I had uninstalled it after day 1 issues and only just did it now. You presumably had it installed since day one, did the version not change? I had done the switch you suggested but before I booted the re-installed version

i should probably make it more clear, I used your input simulation adjustment tip. But I did not try it before installing the latest version
    11-29-08 06:27 PM
    do you still need BB maps installed if you have Nav4all??
    11-29-08 06:42 PM
    does the storm have a bluetooth gps sensor?
    11-29-08 07:15 PM
    m not trying to steal your thunder here, has the version I have been out for a while? I had uninstalled it after day 1 issues and only just did it now. You presumably had it installed since day one, did the version not change? I had done the switch you suggested but before I booted the re-installed version

i should probably make it more clear, I used your input simulation adjustment tip. But I did not try it before installing the latest version
    I honestly don't know. Not trying to get all high on myself anyways, I thought maybe it'd help. Or possibly you don't need it anymore with the update, either way, it works now, that's what matters.

As far as my question, any answers?
    11-29-08 10:32 PM
    I installed Nav4All yesterday and tested it. It seems to be very accurate. I agree with other posters/threads that it is a bit of a pain to use, having to type so much info for a destination, but once that's done it's very nice.

chiefvelo, thanks for the info on using the multitap key pad. I'll try it.
    11-30-08 06:04 AM
    does the storm have a bluetooth gps sensor?
    Not sure what you mean but...

The Storm is capable of connecting to an external Bluetooth GPS Sensor, I have tested this with mine.

the storm itself does not have a bluetooth gps sensor, and I don't think an external device could connect to the internal gps sensor and access the gps information.

But that being said why would you want to connect the Storm to an external sensor? It has it built in and gets the signal much faster than any external sensor I have used. Its not worth getting an external sensor, just wait until the GPS programs release Storm-friendly updates. It wont be more than a month or so.
    11-30-08 01:16 PM
    do you still need BB maps installed if you have Nav4all??
    NO, no programs depend on BB Maps
    11-30-08 01:18 PM
    I guess I'll have to wait. I keep getting the Error 503 and when I do get to the Nav4All site the link won't hilite for me.
    12-01-08 09:41 AM
    503 is a HTTP error (Service Unavailable). It shouldn't keep you from installing the app. Here's the actual error message:

"The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay."
    12-02-08 09:51 PM
    I guess I'll have to wait. I keep getting the Error 503 and when I do get to the Nav4All site the link won't hilite for me.
    Change you browser setting back to Blackberry, and try again.
    12-02-08 10:03 PM
    Ok i see bb maps when i go to options, then applications, but im not able to access it
    12-03-08 10:26 AM
    I like using BB Maps with the GPS but the '>' symbol (for my location) will travel off screen and the screen doesn't refresh or move with it. So if I'm driving through a city and want to keep a map of where I am at any moment I have to manually scroll to keep up with the location marker? Is there a setting I'm missing?
    12-04-08 04:55 PM
    My nav4all doesn't seem to activate the GPS- any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 06:06 PM
    I like using BB Maps with the GPS but the '>' symbol (for my location) will travel off screen and the screen doesn't refresh or move with it. So if I'm driving through a city and want to keep a map of where I am at any moment I have to manually scroll to keep up with the location marker? Is there a setting I'm missing?
    BB Menu > Track up

My nav4all doesn't seem to activate the GPS- any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Uninstall, do a battery pull, then re-download. Make sure that when you do the OTA download, you have the Browser in "BLACKBERRY" not firefox or ie emulation mode

Make sure in advanced options> permissions that you have enabled it for Nav4all and that Location is turned on under GPS
    Last edited by dms936; 12-30-08 at 12:04 PM.
    12-05-08 11:12 AM
    I was in a verizon store early last week playing dumb and asking some questions about 3rd party gps apps not working on my Storm with apps that I enjoyed using while with Sprint 8130 (intelligolf, AllSport, etc) and I received the company line from the security guard/store manager saying that VZ blocks gps for all 3rd party apps except VZ Nav and BB Maps.

After wading my way through the sales people trying to sell me rust proof undercoating for my Storm the guy at the counter told me that he "heard" that VZ was going to unlock the internal GPS for all 3rd party apps with their next update. Estimated in early 2009. The guy had a pocket protector so I am assuming he may have some decent information.

Anyway, thought I would share this hope with all who are jonesing for GPS and 3rd party apps.

Also, a side note. I have a few 3rd party GPS apps that ARE working with internal GPS-
    Trimble Outdoors (but AllSport from same company does not)
    Weather bug appears to have picked up on my location via GPS.
    On my first day with Storm when I activated, prior to my company implementing IT policies ( and probably before GPS got locked down) I was able to use an external puck to use Garmin, AllSport AND VZ Nav with no issues.

Ah, 24 hours of sheer joy!
    12-24-08 04:39 PM
    ... The guy had a pocket protector so I am assuming he may have some decent information.
    LOL - that's hilarious (probably a correct assumption though!)
    12-25-08 09:08 AM
    did you get it to pick up the GPS?
    I solved the problem of Verizon GPS at least for me. My GPS is now active and working on my Verizon 8830.

I did a jl commander wipe and installed the new 4.5 8830 operating system first deleting the vendor file.

The software you need to find and download is:

8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel138_PL3.4.0.7_A4.5.0.101.exe You will need to find it in the wild, just Google it.

I included Blackberry Maps on the install and with my internal GPS enabled to "location on" my Blackberry maps worked just fine with the 8830 internal GPS. It only took it about 20 seconds to find and pin point me with the red tack showing my position.

I thought you guys might want to know. I do not have VZ Nav installed

I hope it works for you
    12-25-08 01:20 PM
    Well, I feel I have given Nav4All my best shot, but it's just too much to deal with. Although I downloaded the application twice, and also re-downloaded the display language and several audio language choices, I have never been able to get it to talk to me. I have reset all permissions to "allow". Did several battery pulls. No difference. Nary a peep. In my opinion, BB Maps is much easier to work with, so if I can't get Nav4All to talk, I can't see trying to use it.

Anyone have any other suggestions before I uninstall it?

Thanks in advance,
    Rich
    12-25-08 08:39 PM
    I just installed it and while it is certainly quirky it seems to work. Iused the "find my car" option and it too me to within 2 cars. This will be handy since I use rentals cars alot and can't always remember make or color! LOL
    12-29-08 11:14 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD