Well don't know if anyone else is having the problem but my gps won't work with bb maps, google maps, telenav, or carfinder. I checked to make sure location was on and everything which it is and it still will not acquire a location. Is this not supposed to work on the phone? Or am I doing something wrong? I will take it back if I need to just getting aggrevated with it. Thanks everyone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 07:30 AM
    mine takes about 2-3 minutes to get the intial lock...im pretty sure u have tried this but maybe give it a few minutes to try to lock in an area where there arent many buildings or obstructions i.e. trees/foliage.
    05-30-08 07:58 AM
    Ok I tried it last night I am headed out to another area and will try when I get there and see what happens. Thanks for the input

05-30-08 08:19 AM
    I had the same problem. My problem was that I hadn't enabled the GPS in the manage connections icon. Just like you do for bluetooth etc.. Once I did that everything worked.

06-07-08 01:57 PM
    I had the same problem. My problem was that I hadn't enabled the GPS in the manage connections icon. Just like you do for bluetooth etc.. Once I did that everything worked.

There is no option for GPS in the "enable connections" part of the 8330.

OP, I'm having the same problem as well with my 8330 using alltel.
    06-12-08 10:51 PM
    Ive had that problem on 2 of my 8330's, traded them both in for yet another new one and now the gps works fine on this third one.
    06-16-08 03:43 PM
    In another thread someone said download install and enable Telenav, then the GPS works perfectly and quickly for everything else !!
    06-19-08 07:07 PM
    In another thread someone said download install and enable Telenav, then the GPS works perfectly and quickly for everything else !!
    If you download Telenav, the GPS will work. But when u uninstall and cancel th Telenav, the GPS will disable too! That what I did !
    10-20-08 07:55 PM
    Just cancel the telenav - don't uninstall.
    10-20-08 08:24 PM
    To kch50428:

Do I have to call Telenav to cancel their service, or I just need to click "cancel" on the Telenav program? Thank you
    10-21-08 04:01 PM
    The version of Telenav I have came with a 30 day trial - used it a couple times, and one time it gave me a prompt to say yes or no to continue with a subscription - I said no.
    10-21-08 06:41 PM
    I am having the same trouble with my 8330, and I have received a dizzying array of answers (aka excuses) from my carrier with zero results.

I may give the 30 day trial of Telenav a shot, but have little hope at this point.

For your entertainment - here's what one C-South CSR rep told me. "GPS is installed on the Blackberries, but it is not guaranteed to work."
    09-01-09 05:26 PM
    Have you tried the the hardware test yet?

Under the Options, select Status - then, on the keyboard type "test" (no quotes) hit the menu key, select start - put a checkmark in the box by gps, click run.... do this outside, with a clear view of the sky. If you've never had a GPS lock, it might take a couple minutes... if you get the lock, you know your hardware is fine. Then try BB Maps - if you can get that to lock, you should get other apps to work too.
    09-01-09 07:12 PM
    Another option is to install the Garmin App (Free 7 Day Trial):
    Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry

I have to start the app (and then exit out) every time I want to use the GPS, but it works within seconds every time even tho the trial has expired. Others have reported that they can unistall the app, but that did not work for me. FYI , GoogleMaps currently does not work with the GPS.
    09-02-09 07:16 AM
    FYI , GoogleMaps currently does not work with the GPS.
    I've got it to work sporadically - Google Maps seems to require that the phone's GPS can see more GPS satellites than most apps - like 9 or more before it will show a GPS lock. I have another application that reports back how many satellites the phone is seeing...
    09-02-09 06:16 PM
    I've got it to work sporadically - Google Maps seems to require that the phone's GPS can see more GPS satellites than most apps - like 9 or more before it will show a GPS lock. I have another application that reports back how many satellites the phone is seeing...
    I guess I wasn't being completely honest. It does work sporadically for me also, but I think it is tied to temperature, humidity, wind blowing exactly out of the north-northwest at 8.5 mph. You get the idea.
    09-03-09 08:58 AM
    Have you tried updating to the new os. Its said to enable gps connection that's disabled by the provider.

09-04-09 06:48 PM
    I am running the most current version .169
    09-05-09 07:28 PM
    There is a walkthrough on how to activate the walkthrough on the gps section of the forums about fixing gps. Its called a true fix for gps and made bye heartless hero I did it and it fors for me I get my gps lock in about 20 seconds or so. It not that hard to do

09-05-09 09:05 PM
    I've already done that. I have a 8330m which is hit or miss on the "true fix"
    09-06-09 09:04 AM
    Ic well that's all I have other people have said enable telenav and then cancel and argue over the continues billing for the next three months. I won't do it though.

09-14-09 02:33 PM
    I have an 8330e; not 8330m (wife has 8330m).

My GPS went out while traveling cross-country in the past week, upon searching for a solution I found one:

Press and hold <alt> then press LGLG [the keys, that is].
    This will bring up a log.
    Press your menu (blackberry) button. Select "Clear logs".
    Confirm to delete.

Reset your device:
    Battery Pull OR
    Quickpull OR
    <alt> right<shift> <delete>.

Viola.

Hope this helps... Yes I realize this is an older thread, but it may come in handy for someone else (or even me) down the line.

P.S. -- GMaps locks on with the 8330m now, bug has been fixed.
    01-09-10 03:43 PM
    I have an 8330e; not 8330m (wife has 8330m).

My GPS went out while traveling cross-country in the past week, upon searching for a solution I found one:

Press and hold <alt> then press LGLG [the keys, that is].
    This will bring up a log.
    Press your menu (blackberry) button. Select "Clear logs".
    Confirm to delete.

Reset your device:
    Battery Pull OR
    Quickpull OR
    <alt> right<shift> <delete>.

Viola.

Hope this helps... Yes I realize this is an older thread, but it may come in handy for someone else (or even me) down the line.

P.S. -- GMaps locks on with the 8330m now, bug has been fixed.

Hello...! How does one press <alt>? I have a BlackBerry Storm and am unable to find where <alt> would be from the main menu.

Thanks.
    03-12-10 03:08 PM
    Thats because I believe you hold the end key instead
    04-16-10 10:55 PM
    Ok, I have a curve 8330m from Alltel. v 4.5.0.169 installed
    I am looking for an workaround for the gps. I have gps on and have not been able to get a satellite fix. BBmaps opens but can't obtain location, google maps have been way off.
    So, I activated telenav and gps was very accurate. Ran some test with BBmaps for routes and location and gps was dead on. I canceled telenav and gps continued until the next business day. Now I can't use gps on BBmaps, I only canceled telenav, did a battery pull etc as mentioned above but nothing.
    What can I do besides pay for telenav??
    04-17-10 08:24 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD