Hello,

I have just received my new BB 9700 and downloaded Google Maps. I am with Three in the UK and had Google Maps on my Nokia E71 which worked absolutely fine at all times.

However, when I go to "my location" with my BB I either get: "your current location is temporarily unavailable, waiting for GPS" or I get my location within 800m

checked GPS - GPS Service Location is "on", Location data "enabled" Location Aiding "enabled" - but Latitude/Longitude is 0

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
    C
    08-14-10 11:19 AM
    Go outside, and under GPS Settings hit the Menu button then Refresh GPS...

wait for confirmation of satellite locks and your GPS location, then back out and check Google Maps again.
    08-14-10 11:22 AM
    How to Fix the GPS on Your BlackBerry | BlackBerry Cool

this should help
    08-14-10 11:48 AM
    Thanks Phill_UK

Done that and seems to pick up GPS now (latitude/longitude now has data)

Gone onto Google Maps and has my location within 5m - but when I zoom in the map just won't load... why is that? And it keeps jumping to location pretty accurate to "within 400m" when i'm back inside... If I wouldnt have had GPS/Google Maps with my Nokia before I would have thought it just doesnt work indoors but my previous phone did - does the BB just have a weak GPS?
    Last edited by Cornelia77; 08-14-10 at 12:18 PM.
    08-14-10 12:16 PM
    ...does the BB just have a weak GPS?
    Yup... only really works outside
    08-14-10 12:21 PM
    GPS only works outside unless your house has a large skylight or non-metal roofing, or thin roofing which allows signals to penetrate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 05:53 PM
    GPS only works outside unless your house has a large skylight or non-metal roofing, or thin roofing which allows signals to penetrate it.

Where did you get this info? GPS works in the basement of my 3 story house.
    08-14-10 06:01 PM
    Where did you get this info? GPS works in the basement of my 3 story house.
    Doesn't work anywhere in the high rise I reside in.

08-14-10 06:14 PM
    Yup... only really works outside
    oh that sucks.... and I wasn't happy with my Nokia E71 - at least GPS and browser speed was really good... not happy...should have gone for an iphone
    08-15-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD