how do you open that link? i'm trying to get the free trial
    As far as I can see you have to download it directly to your Storm 2, rather than to a desktop (or notebook!) PC!
    01-05-10 09:17 AM
    Thanks anyway but didn't work. I emailed Garmin asking if they can supply a trail for the S2
    Below is the response from Garmin
    "Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be glad to assist you. Although we do not currently have software tailored for the Storm 2 or a trial available for it, several customers have successfully used the original Storm software on their 9550. As of right now I am not aware if or when a specific version for the 9550 will be released. We have a 30 day refund policy if you would like to try the Storm 1 software on your phone but unfortunately I cannot guarantee that all the features will work properly since the application was not designed specifically for the 9550. Please let me know if you have any further questions."
    01-05-10 10:07 AM
    Yes...my options when I hit the menu button are:
    Route Overview (map with a line drawn)
    View Turns (takes me to the first turn direction written out, then I have to scroll for each and every turn...there is no summary)
    Stop Navigating (stops navigation and takes me back to the main menu) and
    Main Menu (takes me back to the main menu just like Stop Navigating does).

The version I have installed is 5.4.2 and I have the Storm 2.
    Odd. What got installed on my Storm2 is v5.3.1, and it does have it.

hmm.
    01-05-10 03:36 PM
    so what is the best free app then or its there any newer apps coming out?
    06-06-10 07:22 PM
    Its not free, but Wisepilot I found to work the best. But nothing beats Ovi Maps on nokias. Its free now and lets you store maps on sd card. Wish BB had something like that. I think RIM really needs to upgrade BB maps.
    06-07-10 09:46 AM
    I have Garmin also and love it
    06-10-10 12:14 AM
    just tried Life in Pocket... pretty good for a free gps
    06-18-10 03:37 PM
    Telenav is pretty awesome. I love how I can go to TeleNav - Voice directions on your GPS phone and find my addresses online rather than just inputting into my phone. Then you sync it to your phone as favorites.
    06-23-10 12:31 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD