One thing that seems to drive me nuts is when I pull up Google maps and it shows my location in a 3200 meter circle. Is there anything I can do to make this more accurate on the map as to my true location? I thought I had read somewhere people stating their gps location being down to as much as 10 meters.
    04-03-10 06:28 PM
    They are probably not on Verizon.

The GPS on an 8330 with Verizon service will only work with BBMaps and VZNav.
    04-03-10 06:33 PM
    Or they have the Tour or the Storm on Verizon.
    04-03-10 07:05 PM
    Or they have the Tour or the Storm on Verizon.
    Good point. To the OP, you can also get one of these:

Freedom Keychain GPS 2000

You can get them right here at Crackberry, Amazon, eBay, etc. I just thought this site had a lot of information on it.
    04-03-10 07:25 PM
    It must just be bb on vzw when I had my w.m. phone it would do so well it would put put the dot on top of my house in the room that I would be in. But with my bb on vzw I get crap for gps.
    04-04-10 08:45 PM
    Verizon blocks the GPS on the 8330 except for BBMaps and VZNav.

It's not all BlackBerry devices. As noted above, the GPS on the Tour and the Storm is not blocked.
    04-04-10 09:05 PM
    google map readings on all other devices give off similar readings (1000m or 800m) until a clear GPS signal is aquired. once mine does, it drops down to 3m. just takes time to lock in.
    04-05-10 12:05 AM
    Verizon blocks the GPS on the 8330 except for BBMaps and VZNav.

It's not all BlackBerry devices. As noted above, the GPS on the Tour and the Storm is not blocked.
    Correct, only curves 8XXX on VZW have this issue with gps on google, other 3rd party apps work fine as long as all settings are correct...

Google & VZW haven't come to terms on GPS... So VZW re-routes GPS to nearest cell tower when using google..

Bing, poynt, trapster, etc work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD