I was browsing another forum and came across a thread that contained a line of code from a gps file that vznav uses to use the gps chip. Has anyone tried to take a look at the code and figure out a way around the gps lockdown?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 12:03 PM
    Yes but its theft of service.

06-05-09 12:08 PM
    Which is why I havnt been up to trying it lol. Just wondering if it was done before.

06-05-09 12:21 PM
    I'm not real clear how this would be a "theft of service". Vzw allows the use of bbmaps at no charge so its not an issue of stealing gps service. Unless you are talking about using vznav for free. If you are talking about unlocking your gps for use with 3rd party apps though I don't see the issue.

06-05-09 01:24 PM
    That's what it is supposed to do. Just unlock the gps not use vznav service without paying.

06-05-09 06:52 PM
    Not sure how they could pin theft of service on you really, if you are using the same things BBMaps uses. Actually, could they even tell? I use BBMaps a lot, when I need more precision than Google Maps will give.

06-05-09 07:43 PM
    Because you would be using a "Hot" UserID and Password to get info from the aGPS. So anyway you slice it its still theft of service.

06-05-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD