Hello,
    I'm a new comer to Blackberry phones and I have to say I am so very impressed, BBs are one of those things that once you try, you have no hope of ever leaving

Anyway I have a very annoying problem on my hand at the moment. I live in Lebanon and it is not covered by BB Maps, and the only available map of the country in general is made for Garmin in their .IMG format. As you guys know the Garmin software for BB covers only EU and US zones, and does not allow external maps.

So my question is, are there any apps out there that can run the .IMG maps? if not, is there a way to convert it to run on a certain apps? if not, is there any solution to my problem?

Thanks!
    01-16-10 09:43 PM
    Try google maps app. See if Google maps has coverage in your area.

If not your pretty stuck...
    01-16-10 10:10 PM
    No google maps either
    01-16-10 10:57 PM
    I don't think you will find any that will work in Lebanon. Sorry
    01-16-10 11:08 PM
    Hello,
    I
    So my question is, are there any apps out there that can run the .IMG maps? if not, is there a way to convert it to run on a certain apps? if not, is there any solution to my problem?

Thanks!
    I know there are a variety of programs that can "edit" or maybe convert garmin maps. You might google and see if you come up with anything. My memory is also blurry but I thought that either MGmaps (not google) or Trekbuddy had something that might/could work with garmin images????? Both of those last 2 programs can use map files saved to sd cards.
    01-16-10 11:43 PM
    It seems there is a way to convert img to trekbuddy, I'll do it and post what happens. Thanks
    01-17-10 07:27 PM
    i downloadeed aptoid on my bb and downloaded google maps plus try it very easy
    08-07-15 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD