Is there a known reason and/or fix for the gps saying i am miles from where I really am when i click on find my location? I have US cellular and the 8530 and only for 4 days. Trying to learn what I can from reading on here but not too much with US cell. Thanks
    04-05-10 01:17 PM
    Try going to options- advanced options- gps- then hit the blackberry key and select refresh gps.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 01:27 PM
    Is there a known reason and/or fix for the gps saying i am miles from where I really am when i click on find my location? I have US cellular and the 8530 and only for 4 days. Trying to learn what I can from reading on here but not too much with US cell. Thanks
    Did sandesh_vg's suggestion work for you? BTW, what maps app are you having the problem with (BB, Google, etc). I've noticed, when relying on a cell fix, if I didn' thave strong enough signal or enough towers then it would show me half way around the world in Google maps. That has been fixed with the latest update.

Hope its working for you now.
    04-08-10 09:45 AM
    I haven't had a lot of time to play with it but if I start navigation ans put in a destination it will bring me there and show where I am all the way. Yjis is in BB maps. I was hoping it would give verbal instructions but haven't been able to see it anywhere.
    04-08-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD