I just received my 8900 yesterday and the GPS seemed to be initially working but now doesn't seem to be working at all. Any idea why this may be?

and yes I have it turned on
    01-28-09 08:06 PM
    I'm having a GPS issue as well.

says it's on, but can't find any satellites.. and I live in Maine, wide open..
    02-04-09 06:00 PM
    Same problem with me. No satellites found at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 06:02 PM
    You need to go into outside. Going outside is important so don't skip this. Then go into your Options > Advanced Options > GPS > Refresh GPS > then wait. Keep waiting until it picks up the satellites, this will take a few minutes.
    02-04-09 06:52 PM
    Initial acquisition seems to take a while when compared to my 8820. My 8820's FTTF seems a lot quicker than the 8900. But I feel better that I'm not alone in the slow sig acq.
    02-04-09 07:26 PM
    I was starting to think that there was something wrong with my phone until I finally tried it while outside. It took all of 10 seconds to locate a satellite while outside. Then it showed my location about a 100 miles away from me.

I haven't tried using the GPS on a trip yet so I'm interested in finding out if the roof of my car will get in the way of the signal.
    02-04-09 08:56 PM
    Your location is 100 miles away because you did not let the GPS process run to completion. Most likely you have only connected with 1 of the GPS satellites. If you would like a better positioning then you will need to stay outside for some times (probably 5-10) minutes and let the phone do its thing by connecting to at least 3 satellites. Just grab a beer, go outside and enjoy the view for a few minutes.
    02-04-09 10:50 PM
    I refreshed mine, and i got 8 sats. Distance is accurate to 3 meters. it was fast as well.
    02-04-09 10:54 PM
    I tired it a few times on my back deck, while driving.. but it wasn't until I was at work on the waterfront that it finally picked up 8 sat with 5 meter acc.

cool. now I can only hope TeleNav will work when I want it to- not when it wants to.
    02-07-09 08:00 AM
    I have had times where it worked really quickly and times when it was very slow.....but so far everytime I used it as an actualt GPS unit while driving I didn't run into any problems so far....works suprisingly well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD