As of last week whenever I attempt to 'Start GPS Navigation' in BB Maps, the message "unable to acquire GPS lock" appears on the screen. Never had this happen before...wondering if I inadvertently changed/deleted a setting? Verizon issue?

Thanks!
    06-08-10 10:27 PM
    You can check under Options/Advanced/gps and make sure it is set to location-on. Also try again under and open sky and give it some time.

Also, you can try rebooting the phone. With it ON, remove the battery for about 40 seconds and then replace it.
    06-09-10 12:29 AM
    hummmm...verified 'location-on', and tried the live battery pull, but still getting the 'unable to acquire GPS lock' error message. Any chance I deleted a service book, or is there another setting I'm missing?

Thanks again.
    06-09-10 02:33 PM
    It Must Be Where Your At (Poor Reception Perhaps?) Or It Could Be The OS You May Be Running. I Believe The Service Books Have Nothing To Do With Blackberry Maps, I May Be Wrong Tho.
    06-09-10 04:19 PM
    You can try this - again, from an area where you have a clear view of the sky (that's so that the bb can see the satellites).

Go to Options/Status - when at that screen type TEST (nothing will show as you type that). That will open a test screen. You can selectively test the gps.
    06-09-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD