hey all.

i think my GPS is messed up. i have location on, assist on. yet google maps, bb maps, and amAzeGPS cant lock on to the GPS. i thought that the Tour GPS is supposed to be unlocked, even on vz.

any idea what i can do (other than replace?)
    07-31-09 02:35 PM
    A bit more info please. Are you inside while trying this or outside?
    07-31-09 02:50 PM
    indoors by a window, reception is full bars and 1XEV
    07-31-09 02:51 PM
    Come on...this is getting ridiculous! USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! This topic has been covered very thoroughly in the past few weeks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:54 PM
    Come on...this is getting ridiculous! USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! This topic has been covered very thoroughly in the past few weeks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    was this really necessary? did u HAVE to be that guy?
    what search string would you have me use? GPS? thats gonna return a metric ton of results that im not about to sift thru. hope your KBs were worth it, replying to this post.
    07-31-09 02:55 PM
    bump.
    ran diagnostic today, outdoors, and the diagnostic timed out. what do i do at this point? im worried that if i return it, i might get one with other issues.
    08-03-09 04:19 PM
    mconk is right. this issue is already being covered in many threads (look in GPS & mapping forum).

it appears there are GPS issues with the tour. unclear, is where the problem lies. i'm able to lock on to 8 sats w/i 8 seconds with BB maps and poynt shows my location accurately w/i a few meters. however, google maps cannot lock on to any sats and live/bing maps is only accurately w/i about 1/4 mile. i've tested this both indoors (by a window) and outdoors.
    08-03-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD