location is on and just scans for satellites.

do you have to pay rogers for the gps service or something?

tried google maps and blackberry maps.

longitude and latitude just say zero
    01-06-09 01:38 AM
    Go to Options, Advanced Options, GPS, press Menu and select Refresh GPS. You must do this outside with a clear view of the sky (preferrable more than 30% sky) and then wait for several minutes while the GPS receiver locks onto the orbiting satelites and updates the display.

Now you should see My Location in Google Maps drop from about 2000 metres down to a minimum of 3 metres (it might be a bit higher). That's when you know you are using GPS and not just tower triangulation.
    01-06-09 01:43 AM
    thanks for tip. will try what you suggest!
    01-06-09 01:47 AM
    thanks for tip. will try what you suggest!
    It shoud work. All 3 of my 8310s have worked this way and so does my shiny new 8900.
    01-06-09 01:49 AM
    i posted a thread about a couple of times where an application asked to reboot the system when being uninstalled and no wifi connection would appear after restart. i d try to enable wifi and it would go green and then go off? a hard reboot fixes it everytime. just curious if this is a bug in .94 o/s?
    01-06-09 01:52 AM
    i posted a thread about a couple of times where an application asked to reboot the system when being uninstalled and no wifi connection would appear after restart. i d try to enable wifi and it would go green and then go off? a hard reboot fixes it everytime. just curious if this is a bug in .94 o/s?
    My phone was delivered with OS 4.6.1.101 and I have not used any other OS so I'm sorry, but I do not know.
    01-06-09 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD