I would like an on screen indicator of when the Torch GPS receiver is on and whether or not it is locked into sattelites - is there a way to accomplish this in OS6 or a 3rd party app?

Also, anyone know of an easyway to toggle it on and off - like an app to do this or a way to make a shorcut to options/device/location settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 09:27 PM
    Most apps do that but nothing at the homescreen level that I have seen. QL (quicklaunch) has several toggles including one for the GPS.

09-04-10 12:46 AM
    Well, I lost major cool points. I actually read the manual. There is a GPS icon but I have never seen it.

09-04-10 01:13 AM
    Well, I lost major cool points. I actually read the manual. There is a GPS icon but I have never seen it.
    LOL! I used to read them too - until I learned they were often inaccurate - or in the case of BB manuals filled with caveats like may or may not work with your carrier or your specific device...

Given the space in the upper right corner of screen for other indicators (signal strength, wifi strength etc) there certainly is room for a target icon or other GPS indicator

09-04-10 07:58 AM
    I would like an on screen indicator of when the Torch GPS receiver is on and whether or not it is locked into sattelites - is there a way to accomplish this in OS6 or a 3rd party app?
    this functionality was NOT implemented in AT&T official .246 software update. can anyone using another, higher leaked version indicate whether or not their phones have such an indicator?
    Last edited by somainer; 10-05-10 at 12:49 PM.
    10-05-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD