Hi,
    I'm doing a paper where I need to detail Lat's and Long's (and UTM's).
    How accurate is the 9700 for it's GPS capabilities with many satellites connected?
    +/- 50m ?
    +/- 25m ?
    +/- 10m ?
    +/- 5m ?
    better than that?
    I just take them off the GPS in options.

tia
    06-26-10 10:47 AM
    I have seen map programs say my location was accurate to 5-6m. Based on where I was comparing that to the map, it was correct. This is down to standing in my driveway looking at the mapped location....

As long as the device can see 8-9 satellites, it is pretty accurate however depending on the "age of location" where you actually are, maps may not be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 11:22 AM
    The best I have seen is with Google Maps that gave me resolution down to 3 meters.
    06-26-10 11:32 AM
    The best I have seen is with Google Maps that gave me resolution down to 3 meters.
    Same.

Hi,
    I'm doing a paper where I need to detail Lat's and Long's (and UTM's).
    How accurate is the 9700 for it's GPS capabilities with many satellites connected?
    +/- 50m ?
    +/- 25m ?
    +/- 10m ?
    +/- 5m ?
    better than that?
    I just take them off the GPS in options.

tia
    If you you haven't seen the new 9800 pics, check it out. The new gps menu in os6 is awesome looking. Also, it's much more detailed.
    06-26-10 12:27 PM
    You can go to Cellumap Cellular Coverage Maps and view data from any network, and if you hover your mouse over the point, you can see the accuracy. Normally, a good GPS lock will show you somewhere between 5-10 meters accurate. Altho sometimes when it says I'm within 5 meters accurate, and I look on the map, it's more like 20 meters. So I think the accuracy shown by the BlackBerry is not as accurate as it thinks it is...

06-26-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD