I have a Canon Rebel T1i (500D) and I want to geotag the photos I take on it using my Blackberry Bold 9000. I currently use iPhoto to store my photos and various programs (mainly Photoshop CS5) to edit them. Is there any way/app to use my blackberry to automatically geotag my photographs?

I have found similar solutions for the iPhone, found here: [HTML]iphonephotovideo.com/2009/05/iphone-geotags-your-dslr-photos/[/HTML]
    09-15-10 12:41 PM
    I believe there is some third party software that you can install on to your computer. You synch the times on your camera and the computer so that when you download the photos to your computer while using the software, it will compare the times and assign the appropriate geotagging EXIF data with the appropriate photo files. I think you have to use .jpg photos though, it won't work with camera RAW files. That makes sense anyway since you're unlikely to be posting RAW files!
    09-15-10 12:46 PM
    I recently noticed that the Garmin basecamp program can do that time-matching (for want of a better term). Gpslogger can export into a garmin format so there may be a way to work them together - the track I used was from my garmin dakota but again, basecamp may not distinguish the origin of a track?????
    09-23-10 07:17 PM
    I did this in Italy with my 9700:

1) Start recording a GPX file with GPSed.
    2) Snap a photo on your Blackberry *and* the camera at the same time. This is important.
    3) Shoot like normal.

At the end of the day, I determined the offset between the clock on the camera and the clock on the GPS. (+/- how many seconds). Then I use GeoSetter (free for Windows, GeoSetter) and correlate the two.
    09-26-10 11:44 PM
    There really no app that can do this? I'm sure a few of us would pay decent money for a nice little app that does this.
    11-08-10 09:24 PM
    I have Easytagger GPS that ordered online month ago. Its quite cheap,Just $108; nothing draining the camera battery; reception is better ( handheld trekking GPS have a better reception ); if you dont like annoying cables that between GPS and camera, you can choose its Bluetooth edition (newly release).
    01-04-11 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD