Has anyone run tests with the GPS enabled vs Disabled? Im wondering if having it enabled runs the battery down much like the iPhone does, even if you arent requesting a GPS location. Id like to keep it turned on, but I dont want my battery life to drop while im doing nothing on the phone.

Has anyone done this, or do you think it will be trial and error on my own part haha...
    12-09-08 09:35 AM
    Been posted before. Makes no difference as long as you don't have an app that polls the chipset.
    12-09-08 09:36 AM
    Do you know of any apps a new user would have that would poll the chipset? I like my battery life now with it disabled, but I do use it from time to time...

Thanks!
    12-09-08 09:37 AM
    Maybe I should have rephrased that. Don't leave any mapping or location aware software open and you won't have issues.
    12-09-08 09:39 AM
    When I installed Weatherbug it asked if it could use the GPS so I would assume that it is polling the chipset. But I could be wrong.
    12-09-08 09:39 AM
    When I installed Weatherbug it asked if it could use the GPS so I would assume that it is polling the chipset. But I could be wrong.
    Correct, and now with the really buggy updated version of Weather Bug, I deleted it and my battery is doing much better. Not sure what the update interval was, but it was consuming some battery that I'm glad to have back.
    12-09-08 09:49 AM
    After a battery pull, the weatherbug got more responsive.
    12-09-08 09:57 AM
    Been posted before. Makes no difference as long as you don't have an app that polls the chipset.

confirmed.

GPS is fine, just dont leave BB Maps or anything running.
    12-09-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD