I'm with Tmobile and just got a Curve 8900 a couple weeks ago. I enabled the GPS yet is still says 0 latitude and longitude as well as 0 satellites. Did I do something wrong or does GPS only work when you get an app or something? This is the 1st time I've ever tried to use any kind of GPS.
    06-22-09 10:12 PM
    After you enable it and click refresh gps, it will take some time, 30 sec - 1 minute before it will lock on enough satellites to give a good reading. If it is still not giving a reading after a couple minutes there may be something else going on.
    06-22-09 10:28 PM
    i have the same problem too... can anyone help???
    06-23-09 09:39 AM
    After you enable it and click refresh gps, it will take some time, 30 sec - 1 minute before it will lock on enough satellites to give a good reading. If it is still not giving a reading after a couple minutes there may be something else going on.

Thanks for the advice but I did that and it still shows the same thing. I'm going to call Tmobile and find out what's going on with it.
    06-23-09 12:48 PM
    are you inside a building? i know that wont work if you were...
    06-23-09 04:10 PM
    Make sure Location is on in the GPS Services drop down then go outside and hit the blackberry button and tell it to refresh. Mine never shows anything because I have location turned off to conserve my battery. Even with location turned to off my apps that use GPS are still able to function.
    06-23-09 07:37 PM
    Make sure Location is on in the GPS Services drop down then go outside and hit the blackberry button and tell it to refresh. Mine never shows anything because I have location turned off to conserve my battery. Even with location turned to off my apps that use GPS are still able to function.
    Thanks Budda! That worked. It was already on but I didn't know I needed to go outside to refresh it. Now it shows my location and 8 satelites.
    06-24-09 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD