Did someone shoot down a satellite that BB uses?? One day, my GPS is working like a charm, the past few days it has been offline. Weather is clear and beautiful today and it still can't get a fix. Anyone have the same issues?
    12-13-09 12:25 PM
    You should download the new google maps navigator works like a charm but it still only a beta. Google Maps Navigation on your mobile phone
    12-13-09 12:32 PM
    Using google maps, I was getting a message saying GPS temporarily unavailable.
    Using Bing Found my location with in seconds.
    Using bbmaps, it found my location in reasonable time..

Now google is working ok. Maybe the gps was down for maintance or something.. All is good as od 1:41pm
    12-13-09 12:41 PM
    You should download the new google maps navigator works like a charm but it still only a beta. Google Maps Navigation on your mobile phone
    It says its part of Google Maps for mobile and is available for phones with Android 1.6 and higher.

Is this working on blackberry? I googled Google Maps Navigation on the tour and it wont even open up the page..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-13-09 at 12:54 PM.
    12-13-09 12:43 PM
    ....and is definitely only an Android app.....................
    12-13-09 03:17 PM
    Yup. I went to the listed ota site and it was the same google maps version I already have. If there is a BB beta it is not directly shown.
    12-13-09 03:40 PM
    ....and is definitely only an Android app.....................
    it definitely is not because I have a blackberry tour with sprint and its working perfectly fine for me.
    12-13-09 03:56 PM
    when you go to that site just click the link that says you're using a mobile phone and download it. Then run the program and click the maps part it'll take like 20 minutes to download all the maps. It will pick up your exact location and you can get turn by turn directions. It shows both high above view and even street view.
    12-13-09 03:59 PM
    Vicious8:

Can you do us a favor and run the program and then do Menu/About or Help to post what version of the program it is.

Do it do verbal instructions or only a written list?

Just went back to the site on the BB and I don't get any further - same google maps 3.2.1
    12-13-09 05:17 PM
    when you go to that site just click the link that says you're using a mobile phone and download it. Then run the program and click the maps part it'll take like 20 minutes to download all the maps. It will pick up your exact location and you can get turn by turn directions. It shows both high above view and even street view.
    Do you find this to be better than the Sprint Navigation program? Does it give you full voice directions like Sprint does?
    12-13-09 06:07 PM
    Are you sure you are using google navigation? My wife has android and she gets turn by turn "voice" navigation. The google maps for blackberry is very nice but it is not the same as google navigation. Google also required my wifes G1 to download a voice synthesizer program. Either way it is very slick and I so wish I had it on my 9700. I hope RIM comes out with one soon as I don't see google making it available on the blackberry anytime soon. I know a guy who bought an android platform phone just for this feature.
    Last edited by BuddaBelly; 12-13-09 at 07:43 PM.
    12-13-09 07:40 PM
    when you go to that site just click the link that says you're using a mobile phone and download it.
    As stated above the site will not open in my tour, And I see nothing saying if you have a mobile phone to down load here. The only thing it says is " To get the latest release of Google Maps with Navigation, search for 'Google Maps' in Android Market and download it. "

It further says "Google Maps Navigation is currently only available in the United States on phones that run Android 1.6 and higher, including the Droid. "

Please provide an ota link that will display a download link on the tour. Also please post a screen shot of this listed in your options-advanced options-applications screen

The only Google maps available for download on blackberry is Google maps 3.2.1
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-13-09 at 08:29 PM.
    12-13-09 07:47 PM
    Well I guess he was mistaken and is not running a program made for droid on his tour..
    12-15-09 04:37 PM
    No I am idk how to do all that OTA stuff but I my brother has the droid the the programs run the exact same I've already looked a couple times to see if his and mine were running the same.
    12-17-09 09:13 AM
    please post a screen shot of this listed in your options-advanced options-applications screen

The only Google maps available for download on blackberry is Google maps 3.2.1
    12-17-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD