Is there any way i can use my gps even though my phone has been deactivated from the sprint network? I konw that apps like telinav wont work because they access data,

i have an 8330 that i used before i got my Pre' that has gps, i want to see if i can use my gps on apps like groundspeak that uses the program info only and the gps signal. Correct me if im wrong but it should be on two different networks, the sprint network and the gps??

please help.
    04-27-10 12:17 AM
    correct about the 2 different networks, but sprint could have disabled the gps chip inside and only use it for e911 services....
    04-27-10 01:00 AM
    Blackstar seems to work without data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 05:45 AM
    wow thats awesome, now i guess my next question would be

how do i get it on my phone if i have no service
    can i use blackberry desktop or do they not do that anymore?
    04-27-10 12:51 PM
    04-27-10 02:44 PM
    turn your phone on, then go to options/advanced/gps. Turn on your gps, wait a few minutes outside. You may need to click the refresh GPS menu item. But if it returns a set of coordinates, it should work.

But some GPS chips are AGPS which require a cell tower to assist with determining location. So all you can do is try and see if it works.

If you gps works, then you should be able to use BlackStar to import LOC and GPX files from geocaching.com
    04-29-10 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD