I've never been so annoyed with an automated voice in my life!!! Went on a 4 hour road trip this weekend and I swear
    The no service/ no gps coverage voice came on 1000 times ... Even on vibrate it still come on!!! Is there any possbile way to turn this off???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 03:11 PM
    any help on this..I'm having the same problem at my workplace!
    12-31-08 11:52 AM
    what program is causing this?
    12-31-08 11:54 AM
    Mine has never done this.
    12-31-08 12:28 PM
    AT&T Navigator I am willing to bet.

You can try (not sure if this works) going to "Share and More" from the main screen, then preferences, Navigation Audio, Instructions Only
    12-31-08 12:31 PM
    The automated 'ladies' voice comes on anytime you regain phone coverage. For example during GPS, she'll say "there's no coverage in this area!" or if you're inside a building the cell bars may go up or down and if you lose coverage and it comes back on the network, you get thevoice "YOU NOW HAVE CELL COVERAGE!" you wouldn't believe how annoying it gets. Happens all the time at work where I sit. Help
    12-31-08 12:46 PM
    Yes, it's Navigator. Instructions were here and I think on the last page. Enjoy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/my-b...overage-91617/

-m
    Last edited by mykey2k; 12-31-08 at 12:54 PM. Reason: hit enter too soon >_<
    12-31-08 12:53 PM
    Yes exiting the app is always recommended, considering GPS will crush your phone's battery life. The instructions i put up above *might* work for when the Application is supposed to be running. I will test it out on my daily commute and let you know.
    12-31-08 12:57 PM
    LMAO i was like WTF?
    i dont use ATT navigator and i assumed nobody did...my 10 bucks will stay in my pocket
    12-31-08 12:57 PM
    LOL! I such a noob(look at the post count). I totally forgot to exit out of Navigator....man I wondered why it was random on somedays it would be fine and others it would blast out that announcment, never made the connection to the navigator app. I use the navigator app on the way to work mainly to give me a live estimated time of arrival to work(lol long drive and I'm always late) plus I'm just using it for the 30day trial then I'm suppose to have the AT&T rep cancel it for me....he said try it out for free but there are other free options for maps. Speaking of maps I just learned how to activate my Blackberry maps app fromthe Desk Manager and I wonder if this works like Navigator(GPS cordinates). Thanks for the help today, I really appreciate it plus now my battery will last longer so I can sit at my cube and play Texas holdem
    12-31-08 01:12 PM
    Funny, glad you got it figured out. Try Nav4All or AmazeGPS for a Navigator like experience. Both are free. I use Google Maps for most stuff, and there's nothing wrong with BB Maps either.
    12-31-08 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the free NAV apps bt! Another note since I have some feedback here....I use to rock WinMo(CingyHTC8125) and the Bold is my first Berry. One thing the ATT guy said was that I didn't have to 'close' running programs on a Blackberry....is this not total true? Again forgive me for I am still a Blackberry noob.
    12-31-08 01:33 PM
    I would close any unused apps. They will use memory and CPU resources. You don't have to close them, but you'll be glad you did!
    12-31-08 01:36 PM
    LMAO i was like WTF?
    i dont use ATT navigator and i assumed nobody did...my 10 bucks will stay in my pocket
    Yep!

I am just using my free 30 days then canceling it.

I found TelMap, which is free and just as good.
    12-31-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD