Been on with VZ and BB tech support. Wiped phone after first call, then completely reloaded OS..... still the same.
    Loaded .517, like it but didn't change anything.
    Seems like it needs VZ wireless to "kick it's @ss", within 15 seconds I have satellite count and speed on BBmaps. I can go into roaming area as long as I keep a signal, but if I lose signal for more then a few minutes, no amount of battery pulls or toggling of the GPS settings seems to help.
    Go back into VZW and sats kick right it.
    Store says... "Works fine here".... I wanted to pop him.
    Any thoughts?
    03-22-10 08:13 PM
    No towers, no maps. Without a signal from a cell tower, you won't be able to use the GPS. That's the way GPS works on a phone. Not enough space to download maps in it's entirety.
    03-23-10 08:26 AM
    It's not that I don't have towers, I'm in an "extended network". I get my messages, emails and can surf. It's just that after leaving VZ coverage for 30 minutes or so, the satellite tracking stops and I'm stuck with a 3000 meter approximation. The maps are drawing, it just doesn't know where I am. If I turn the truck around, 15 seconds after VZ signal, I'm right back to locked in and reading my sped on BBmaps.
    03-23-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD