Hi

I have an 8800 and an 8310, both run OS4.5 and both have BlackBerry maps installed. Both have Google Maps, albeit different versions.

When I first acquired the 8800, the GPS did not work (0 satelites found). After a few days it started working and has been fine ever since. I don't know what 'switched' it on. However, I would have been installing a lot at the time.

Now I am setting up the 8310 and the GPS is behaving the same way. No satelites are found, even though the 8800 immediately next to it reports four satelites! They both have Location ON.

So the first question is, what might cause this discrepency?

They both have BlackBerry maps installed. However, neither one displays the Maps icon and it won't launch from other apps such as Aloqa. However, I believe that BB Maps on the 8800 used to work fine.

So the second question is, what can I do to enable BlackBerry maps?

Many thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 08:23 PM
    If you find out let me know i cant get the icon to show up on my 8310
    Thanks
    02-10-10 09:12 AM
    Hi

I have an 8800 and an 8310, both run OS4.5 and both have BlackBerry maps installed. Both have Google Maps, albeit different versions.

When I first acquired the 8800, the GPS did not work (0 satelites found). After a few days it started working and has been fine ever since. I don't know what 'switched' it on. However, I would have been installing a lot at the time.

Now I am setting up the 8310 and the GPS is behaving the same way. No satelites are found, even though the 8800 immediately next to it reports four satelites! They both have Location ON.

So the first question is, what might cause this discrepency?

They both have BlackBerry maps installed. However, neither one displays the Maps icon and it won't launch from other apps such as Aloqa. However, I believe that BB Maps on the 8800 used to work fine.

So the second question is, what can I do to enable BlackBerry maps?

Many thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BlackBerry Maps is controlled by service book and apparently your service book does not have BB maps.

If your carrier does offer BB maps, ask them to push you a new service book to activate BB maps.
    02-17-10 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD