If I leave the GPS setting on the Location setting all the time but do not have any Map program open will I still be using extra battery or notice a decrease in battery.I know that if I leave the Bluetooth on it uses extra battery because its always looking for a sync even on the home screen.Not sure about the GPS
    10-28-09 08:41 PM
    Mine is always on even though it does have an impact on battery life. If you can easily go a full day without recharge , i see no problem with leaving gps on all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:45 PM
    I tried one day off and one day on, and I didn't notice any difference with battery drain; although, it does stand to reason the having it on should drain the battery.
    10-28-09 09:12 PM
    Unless you use it often...or you have programs that need it to update themselves, just keep it off till you need it.
    10-28-09 10:19 PM
    i leave mine on all the time and i have berryweather update hourly via the gps and i can make it fine through a day without charging. heavy use i usually get to about 60% moderate use like today i still have about 85%
    10-28-09 10:36 PM
    leave it on at all times if you wish. the drain is negligible, besides, it gets old going into settings and turning it on and off. you can exact more battery life by tweaking your lighting, and not using vibrate settings as often.

i've come to find out since switching from sprint to VZW that the biggest draw on a battery is searching for signal..

at my job my curve would hunt all the time. in fact i needed the 2600 battery just to make it a day of my average usage, and being at work, the sad thing was my reception was so bad in our building that i couldnt even txt sometimes.. when outside of work my curves battery was brilliant. fast forward.. on VZW with my Tour, and the wife has a curve also on VZW.. neither hunts for signals nearly as much. and both our battery life is great..

i still have my sprint curve, its been turned on now for the last 3 weeks, with the seidio battery in it, i turned off the radio, and its been sitting on my nightstand, its still at over half charge to 3/4 charge.my tour with the stock battery or the seidio 2600 has been awesome, i have my backlight set to 1 minute or more (even on the stock battery this worked great) left GPS on, and berryweather set to 2hr updates.

again its all about signal hunting.. do alot of that and just about any battery will die in a phone quickly.

cheers
    10-29-09 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD