One of the big reasons I bought the BB Bold is the built in GPS. But it appears it is very insensitive. Usually with other GPS I can easily get a fix sitting at my desk near the window. With the BB bold it is not the case. I was completely unable to get a fix indoors. Eventually I too it outside a got a fix after about 10 minutes. Today it is again not able to get a fix indoors. Does this mean there is something wrong with my device, or is the GPS just generally insensitive?
    06-01-09 03:00 PM
    One of the big reasons I bought the BB Bold is the built in GPS. But it appears it is very insensitive. Usually with other GPS I can easily get a fix sitting at my desk near the window. With the BB bold it is not the case. I was completely unable to get a fix indoors. Eventually I too it outside a got a fix after about 10 minutes. Today it is again not able to get a fix indoors. Does this mean there is something wrong with my device, or is the GPS just generally insensitive?
    Are you using an app of some type to get the fix? Try Options>Advanced Options>GPS, select refresh from the menu.
    06-01-09 03:03 PM
    Thansk, but that is exactly what I did. It still can not get a fix indoors and takes quite long outdoors. But it is quite cloudy and rainy outside for the past few days.
    06-01-09 03:15 PM
    Thansk, but that is exactly what I did. It still can not get a fix indoors and takes quite long outdoors. But it is quite cloudy and rainy outside for the past few days.
    Mine's not so good inside, but it very fast outside. Make sure Location Aiding is also activated in the same place.
    06-01-09 03:19 PM
    I had the same trouble with my bold a few months back. Since I've upgraded operating systems, it works much better. I think I was on .162 (whatever the standard Rogers issue is), and I almost gave up on GPS.

I'm now running 5.0 beta and it works great, though it did running .247 and .262 as well
    06-01-09 03:22 PM
    Thanks. I upgraded to 247 today and will test a bit more when the weather clears a bit.
    06-01-09 03:30 PM
    I used to be able to get a fix indoors at times when I was on the older OSs. But now I can't. But it is quite speedy outdoors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD