As the title says...anyone else find amAze to be superior to the preloaded Telenav? For me, amAze works A LOT faster...

The only gripe I have, and it might not be one, but might be an error on my part is I cannot find the route summary on amAze...can anyone point me in the direction as to how to view the route summary if the app even has 1 once your navigation is queued in...
    02-17-09 10:39 PM
    I use amAze all the time and I really like it. My only "gripe" is that it doesn't use the blackberry keys instead you have to hit the "*" and "#" keys to navigate through the menu. Also scrolling around the main menu is like skating on ice you have to get the feel for it.

But if your looking for the driving directions once you have your route set you need to go back to the "main menu" hit "route" again the scroll to "driving directions"

to go back to your navigtion again go back to "main menu" then "route" then "resume naviagtion.
    Last edited by alex63; 02-17-09 at 11:13 PM.
    02-17-09 10:50 PM
    I use amAze all the time and I really like it. My only "gripe" is that it doesn't use the blackberry keys instead you have to hit the "*" and "#" keys to navigate through the menu. Also scrolling around the main menu is like skating on ice you have to get the feel for it.

But if your looking for the driving directions once you have your route set you need to go back to the "main menu" hit "route" again the scroll to "driving directions"

to go back to your navigtion again go back to "main menu" the "route" the "resume naviagtion.
    great...thanks.

I'll try it now.

-Andrew
    02-17-09 11:12 PM
    Ok, cool.

got it.

How do you generally use amAze to search for your criteria?

tried it by keyboard on within city/around location and it didn't find a few Walmart that are within the radius I chose.

Also, I'm not crazy about selecting the states when you're navigating. any shortcuts to get to say "Pennsylvania" instead of scrolling through the long list? I tried punching in alt P and it didn't work. =(
    02-17-09 11:26 PM
    For being a free GPS I would have to say that Amaze gets the job done pretty well. If you can live without the local searches, you can't go wrong with Amaze. Save your self the $10 a month for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:37 PM
    Ok, cool.

got it.

How do you generally use amAze to search for your criteria?

tried it by keyboard on within city/around location and it didn't find a few Walmart that are within the radius I chose.

Also, I'm not crazy about selecting the states when you're navigating. any shortcuts to get to say "Pennsylvania" instead of scrolling through the long list? I tried punching in alt P and it didn't work. =(
    If you just hit "p" without the alt it will get you closer. I never use the local search. For local searches nothing beats Live Search imo: http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/li...-112-a-154767/
    02-17-09 11:55 PM
    If you just hit "p" without the alt it will get you closer. I never use the local search. For local searches nothing beats Live Search imo: http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/li...-112-a-154767/
    the problem with pressing a 'P' is it's the same button as their back button.......

and I d/l the live search...man, it's nice....putting telenav by the waist side for now...
    Last edited by andrewjs18; 02-18-09 at 10:17 AM.
    02-18-09 10:09 AM
    the problem with pressing a 'P' is it's the same button as their back button.......

and I d/l the live search...man, it's nice....putting telenav by the waist side for now...
    I didn't realize "p" was backspace/ I'm in Illinois and had no problems using "I" to jump the list.

Live Search is a great app.
    02-18-09 10:54 AM
    In another thread I expressed that I am having "issues" with TeleNav and Google Maps finding me. Does Amaze use the same technology, if so would I have the same problems? If not, maybe I'll depend on Amaze and scrap the rest.
    Anyone know?
    02-19-09 07:33 AM
    hammer there has been a huge improvement to the GPS function with the OS update 4.6.1.128, so to start make sure you are running that version. Secondly, Google maps didn't work for most of us until 2 days ago with the release of 3.02 so make sure you try that.
    yes Amaze use the same GPS technology, give it a try.
    02-19-09 04:52 PM
    I pay for telenav so might as well use it....even though amaze sounds cool.
    02-19-09 06:38 PM
    I pay for telenav so might as well use it....even though amaze sounds cool.
    amAze is super fast for me.....and I like it...that teamed with live search FTW...
    02-19-09 08:00 PM
    This is a great application I downloaded yesterday and on way home from work typed in home address to test this and it gave me turn by turn perfect directions and the lady giving the directions doesn "t sound too bad either.
    02-20-09 07:35 AM
    I just wasn't impressed with amAze. Seemed to 'glitzy' and not so functional.
    I love live search, bbmaps and google maps. Just seemed like amAze was redundant.
    I guess it's just me, but I didn't much care for it's interface.
    02-20-09 07:39 AM
    I just wasn't impressed with amAze. Seemed to 'glitzy' and not so functional.
    I love live search, bbmaps and google maps. Just seemed like amAze was redundant.
    I guess it's just me, but I didn't much care for it's interface.
    With Live Search did you put version 4.0 or the updated version I cannot open the updated version from my download folder it just sits there, then closes
    02-20-09 12:44 PM
    With Live Search did you put version 4.0 or the updated version I cannot open the updated version from my download folder it just sits there, then closes
    I think I'm using either the 4.0 or 4.1 OS program, and not the latest and greatest. If you upgrade your client OTA, you'll end up with a non-working app.
    But, just 3 days ago most of us couldn't get Google Maps to find us, and now... works great. So the companies are adapting to the OS changes on the 8350i.
    02-20-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD