Is there ANY good FREE voice-guided navigation GPS apps for the Torch? I've tried downloading Garmin gps but it doesn't work with the torch... the Rogers Navigator looks REALLY good but it costs $5 a month =( and i've tried WAZE but it doesn't work properly... any other suggestions guys?

Thanks
    11-05-10 11:41 PM
    Lifeinpocket but its not released yet for the Torch, still in progress.

Be thankful, VZ or ATT nav (same app different branding) is $10 a month...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 01:16 AM
    nope unfortunately
    11-06-10 01:25 AM
    Garmin and Waze both work with the torch.

Garmin isnt free. Waze works, some things though dont work with the touch screen, you need to use the trackpad. Its not the most reliable nav Ive used.
    11-06-10 07:33 AM
    Garmin is $10/month. TeleNav might be another option for you to consider. I don't know if it supports the Torch yet or not. It's also about $10/month.
    11-06-10 07:34 AM
    I would say NO. There are no good, FREE, voice-guided navigation GPS for the Torch, or for any other smart phones. Google Maps Navigation is the only thing 'good' that I have seen but it's pretty unlikely that Google will ever share it with the Blackberry community.
    I am running Telenav on my Torch and it's excellent. Full touch screen integration. I used it for a couple years on my 8830 as well and it was good but the addition of the touch screen and an even nicer user interface on the Torch makes it comparable to any Garmin on the market. You can speak the address rather than typing it. It works in portrait and landscape. It includes traffic updates and they are accurate.
    I would recommend that if you can get it for $5/mo, it's definitely worth a try. We Bell customers pay$10/mo but if it's something you would use frequently then I feel it's worth it.
    I tried Waze for a few days and found it to be very lacking in my area. Over time it may improve but for now it's not something I would rely on.
    If you only need something like this a couple times a month then I would just use BB or Google maps.
    11-06-10 09:12 AM
    Here's maybe an interesting question (or two). At one point, I was given a copy of Garmin from the 9000 to try on the Torch. It mostly worked, except for the touchscreen stuff, through OS6 build .214 ore .246 (I forget which) & it definitely won't even start on build .337. Has anyone tried any of the versions of Lifeinpocket or Gokivo Navigator to see if they might mostly work, till Torch versions are publicly available? And is there a way to become a beta tester for the OS6 version of Lifeinpocket?
    11-23-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD