I mananged to download garmin gps to my flashed 8330 metro, and after the start up screen it says it has not detected a gps receiver. I successfully have it loaded on my 8350 boostberry, so why is this happing on the 8330. Both are GPS phones. any advise please
    08-05-10 01:03 AM
    I'm not 100% certain but I believe it has to do with support for aGPS, or more accurately, lack of support for aGPS on the 8330 in your nav app.

For example, support for aGPS on a Verizon 8330 is limited to BB Maps and Verizon's vznav app. I'm not sure, but I think Verizon users who load the Boost Mobile 5.0 os on their Verizon 8330 phones lose the aGPS functionality in BB Maps.

So your problem, in a nutshell, is software based, not hardware based.
    08-05-10 04:24 AM
    Thanks for your reply xliderider. So, have you heard of other OS (ATT & sprint) helping to resolve this issue. I really would like to enjoy using this Garmin app.
    08-05-10 11:06 AM
    I'm not 100% certain but I believe it has to do with support for aGPS, or more accurately, lack of support for aGPS on the 8330 in your nav app.

For example, support for aGPS on a Verizon 8330 is limited to BB Maps and Verizon's vznav app. I'm not sure, but I think Verizon users who load the Boost Mobile 5.0 os on their Verizon 8330 phones lose the aGPS functionality in BB Maps.

staywitit is on Boost, not Verizon.
    08-05-10 11:11 AM
    I have 2 phones. My profile is 8350 Boost, the phone I'm speaking about is a flashed 8330 from Verizon to Metro.
    08-05-10 12:28 PM
    I have 2 phones. My profile is 8350 Boost, the phone I'm speaking about is a flashed 8330 from Verizon to Metro.
    Ahah! Well that seems pretty complicated then. Xliderider is correct that Verizon does not support gps for anything except VZNavigator. I would assume that your service books are now coming from Metro. Do they support the 8330 phone? Does their own 8330 phones support gps? I've seen several threads that attribute problems with 3rd party apps not working correctly do to phones being flashed. This seems to be a unique situation of Verizon phone flashed to Metro using Garmin, so I guess the best you could hope for is someone else with a similar experience. Good luck!
    08-05-10 01:02 PM
    Thanks for your prompt reply... I hope theres an answer here.
    08-05-10 01:18 PM
    staywitit is on Boost, not Verizon.
    I know... reread my post.

I was just giving an example, based on what I know about Verizon. I never said it applied to Boost.
    08-05-10 02:20 PM
    I have an 8330 with boost and my gps works in Google maps just fine. It's only pulling my location though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 05:50 PM
    I know... reread my post.

I was just giving an example, based on what I know about Verizon. I never said it applied to Boost.
    Sorry. My Bad. Misunderstood your post.
    08-05-10 06:10 PM
    hey jayleekay from experience so far, it'll pull once so hope you where at home.
    As for my issue im still looking for answers..
    08-05-10 11:23 PM
    You might have to use a BT GPS "puck" like the Freedom 2000 to get gps function on your flashed Curve.
    08-06-10 12:36 AM
    ok, after give rereading these post from you guys and considering what Xliderider said about the software not allowing the gps to function as it should. what if i changed the software to sprint. what do yall think or is the device its self configered not to except certain apps.
    08-06-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD