How accurate is everyones GPS? the closest I can come to my location is 3600 meters. Not to accurate. Any one have any suggestions?
    06-23-10 01:02 AM
    Make sure your gps isn't set to 911 only. It sounds like it isn't even on. I get location within 8 meters, connecting to 11 sats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 03:40 AM
    Interesting, When I go to tools > Gps > it gives me 3 options,

gps data source > device gps
    gps services > location on
    location aiding > enabled

Am I missing something here? How do you tell how many satellites you have connected?
    06-23-10 03:49 AM
    Here in Louisville, KY I normally get 10-11 and that's been with Storm/Tour/Bold (including the many Tours I had).

3600m is cell tower triangulation, no gps. Are you in the clear outside where it can pick up the satellites?
    06-23-10 06:53 AM
    3600m?... thats like sticking a pin in a map with your eyes closed...lol..

go to maps... hit find "where i am".. put the phone down on a table outside and leave it be..it can take quite some time to locate and triangulate several satellites... doing this indoors aint gonna happen, the phone will guess via cell tower triangulation and if you are not in a heavily congested area you could see 1000m or so...
    06-23-10 07:02 AM
    That is very strange, with GMaps I'm far more accurate than that, 3m. Garmin is spot on.
    06-23-10 07:28 AM
    Are you outside? GPS signals won't go through walls and such. I can get a signal on the second floor of my house, but not on the first. If the application doesn't detect a signal from the GPS then it will use triangulation. I got "Accurate to within 3 meters" the other day.
    06-23-10 10:25 AM
    3600m?... thats like sticking a pin in a map with your eyes closed...lol..

go to maps... hit find "where i am".. put the phone down on a table outside and leave it be..it can take quite some time to locate and triangulate several satellites... doing this indoors aint gonna happen, the phone will guess via cell tower triangulation and if you are not in a heavily congested area you could see 1000m or so...
    I downloaded Google Maps, told it to locate me and did the satellite picture, the spot indicating where the device was was on the outside wall of the room the device and I were occupying. I was surprised that it had such accuracy, that was no more than 10 feet from where I was sitting. Thus, it can get signal from inside the house but don't bet any money on how well that will work. I wish my cell signal were as good as that GPS trial was, I'm in a bad location due to hills and valleys and don't get good signal.
    06-23-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD