Will the 8130 on Alltel (now Verizon) do Google Map navigation without any problems or work arounds?
    08-07-09 01:12 PM
    Try activating your GPS and if it doesn't work right away search here and there is a thread that tells you how to unlock it for free. I would link you to it but I'm on my phone right now.

Google maps is a good program IMO but I would also have lifeinpocket on your phone too. That is another really good GPS navigation program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:25 PM
    it should work prety well
    08-07-09 02:27 PM
    I dont have a 8130 yet. But have been looking at something other than my 8830 that I could trade to someone and maybe throw in some extra cash if need be.
    08-07-09 02:57 PM
    i like my 8130 and id recommend it
    08-07-09 07:55 PM
    same here
    works great
    08-09-09 01:26 AM
    You might miss the memory though. I'm always running low and that's one thing that really pisses me off about my phone

08-09-09 02:41 AM
    Try activating your GPS and if it doesn't work right away search here and there is a thread that tells you how to unlock it for free. I would link you to it but I'm on my phone right now.
    Seriously? You can unlock the GPS on a VZW Pearl for Google Maps and other third party apps? If I weren't on my phone, I'd be searching myself. I've always been under the impression the GPS was only unlocked for VZW Navigator and BBMaps.

(I have a feeling I'm getting my hopes for nothing...)

08-09-09 12:55 PM
    no way man i just activated my trial of telenav (im on alltel but alltel and vzw work the same) and then it unlocks the gps and then when you cancel the telenav it still works with everything else.

ill go find the thread and post it
    08-10-09 12:23 AM
    alright here is the post:

Hello Mystic54, My name is Jacob and I just wanted to let you know you can get GPS will not work now because your using cell tower triangulation instead of acctual Satellite connection. Here's the fix:

1. Download Telenav. The monthly charge is 9.99 as you know but it is free for the first month. in the event they do charge you 9.99 for your "free month of service", simply call alltel *611 or 1-800-255-8351 to cancel it. I will even call and cancel it for you if you want (I work for Alltel).

2. On your Pearl go to options/advanced options/GPS/GPS Services, turn ON

3. Go into Telenav let it load to the main screen and select Maps/location. let it lock your location. this is important because it "unlocks" your gps by telling the phone to search for Satellites instead of the cell tower fall back system.

4. Close Telenav, open Blackberry maps select the Menu button/Find Loaction/Where I Am. And then BOOM!! you gots the G's P's S's.

Im me or post here for any questions.

*NOTE* go back to Telenav and under options you can cancel subscription. Don't be affraid of the service fee. You didn't hear it from me but with Alltel merging with Verizon they have been VERY slack with Charges, Contract date removals, Etc.

and this is the thread where you can find it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/all...11/index3.html
    08-10-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD