I cant seems to turn on my bold GPS, there isnt any GPS on the main menu, theres only GPS setting but how to go to GPS mode? the CD that comes with the blackberry doesnt have GPS program to install either. can anyone help me? thx
    01-26-09 08:08 PM
    you need to download google maps. the gps is already on, you dont turn it on
    01-26-09 08:10 PM
    you need to download google maps. the gps is already on, you dont turn it on
    so google map for blackberry or just any google map? what is the best free gps software?
    01-26-09 08:16 PM
    google maps. thats the best free map application(my opinion)
    01-26-09 08:18 PM
    01-26-09 08:20 PM
    I'm with Greg on this one. GoogleMaps is freaken sick! Best one out there. Plus it's free.
    01-26-09 08:25 PM
    follow up question:

i've installed the google maps application on my bold.

but two things:

1) when i go Options>Advanced Options>GPS, my Lat and Long and so forth are register 0

2) in Google Maps, when i click on 'my location' it basically tells me there's an error and tries to read my GPS location but to no avail.

is there anything I should be doing to enable the internal GPS system?
    thanks
    01-27-09 12:23 AM
    Google maps is pretty good for directions and GPS, to see where all your friends are at check out gps-snitch.com/blip its pretty awesome too
    01-27-09 12:48 AM
    follow up question:

i've installed the google maps application on my bold.

but two things:

1) when i go Options>Advanced Options>GPS, my Lat and Long and so forth are register 0

2) in Google Maps, when i click on 'my location' it basically tells me there's an error and tries to read my GPS location but to no avail.

is there anything I should be doing to enable the internal GPS system?
    thanks
    At the options page where the gps is at.. You have to enable the gps for it to work. There should be a feature on that page where you can enable/disable it.
    Make sure you are outside when doing this. It doesn't pick up satelites in the house too well but picks it up clear in a car. Even with gps disabled it should triangulate ur location with cell towers in the vicinity. Well it does that for me when I have Gps disabled but its accurate up to 1000 meters or less while wit gps enabled it can be as accurate as 1meter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pinoi; 01-27-09 at 03:28 AM.
    01-27-09 03:20 AM
    You should get amaze gps it has voice direction and its free. All you need is a data plan and it will work fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD