Hi, all. Happy Christmas.

I was checking out the Storm's specs on the VZW site, and I noticed that internal GPS isn't mentioned as a feature. Is that right -- Verizon actually made RIM not include an internal GPS in the Storm?!?

I own the Curve by Verizon, and I was thinking about how great it is that the internal GPS in the Curve is finally activated by the 4.5 OS upgrade. I was starting to think that Verizon was having a change of heart; then, I discovered that Verizon is actually being sued because they advertised an internal GPS; then, disabled it. That explains the activation of the GPS in the Curve, I guess.

But, I'll be absolutely shocked if you tell me that the Storm doesn't have GPS other than Verizon's proprietary GPS-navigation offering.

Thanks!
    12-25-08 11:48 AM
    The Storm still has internal GPS. You can still use most of your favorite GPS programs with Storm, no need to worry.
    12-25-08 11:53 AM
    Verizon have "suddenly" enabled the 8330's GPS with their latest version of the BlackBery OS.

My understanding is that the Storm has fully working GPS but I am not sure.
    12-25-08 11:55 AM
    Yes, the Storms GPS works with things other than VZ Nav.
    12-25-08 12:02 PM
    Okay, well per ArmaK & EJT, the Storm has internal GPS that is functioning. Cool. I'm glad Verizon isn't disabling GPS anymore.

Personally, I'm sticking with the Curve until the Curve 8930 'Jupiter' comes out in 2009.

I was just curious about the GPS situation on other Verizon berries.
    12-25-08 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD