Ok so from what i understand these devices have GPS, except i have no idea how to use it. I assume the only way it is used is through Blackberry Maps, yet when i go to the program there is no options to find my location or anything that i can see that utilizes GPS in any way

what am i missing?
    12-19-08 08:48 AM
    never mind i found it, turns out i had to go into Options > GPS to turn it on before using the maps apps.
    12-19-08 08:51 AM
    you can also use google maps...
    12-19-08 08:53 AM
    First of all...go into options..then into advanced options..then scroll down to gps and click on it...make sure its enabled through there...exit out and save if it asks you to.

Then open up BB maps and it should work...mind you u will have to stand outside to get a lock on any satellites etc. ...if it doesnt work then hit your bb button while in bb maps and click on start gps navigation.
    12-19-08 08:54 AM
    Why mine only works in Google maps and not on BBmaps it never worked on the bbmaps i tried it with all OS.
    It works fine with Google .
    12-19-08 08:58 AM
    Mine works fine with BB Maps. I have found it's best to have Google Maps get a GPS lock first and then open up BB Maps.
    12-19-08 09:10 AM
    What is a GPS lock

Thank you
    12-19-08 09:16 AM
    What is a GPS lock

Thank you
    When the device can find enough gps satellites to get a position - at least 3 are needed and the more you get, the better the accuracy.
    You have to get a "lock" or "fix" on the satellites before you know where you are

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 09:23 AM
    ok thanks

mine seems not to find any satellites but google maps works perfectly .
    12-19-08 09:26 AM
    You need to be outside or at least on the top floor of a building to get the signal from the gps satelliites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:29 AM
    Ok so from what i understand these devices have GPS, except i have no idea how to use it. I assume the only way it is used is through Blackberry Maps, yet when i go to the program there is no options to find my location or anything that i can see that utilizes GPS in any way

what am i missing?
    Take a look over in the "gps forum", as there are a couple nice apps that you can download, thanks to those who posted them, to enhance your gps experience/usage (i.e. - AmAze & Telemap). These two are kind of fun to play around with.
    12-19-08 12:10 PM

what am i missing?
    If you're in BBMaps, you have to "Start GPS Navigation" to get your current position. Clunky, but that's how it is.

-m
    12-19-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD