OK. About 2 weeks ago I had a little fender bender. Local cop came, took statements, etc. Just before he left I took out my 9310 and took some pics of the other guy's car.
    Tonight I am taking new pictures and I notice that all the pictures I took that night and the new pics are all title "Metropolitan Government" (instead of img.) with the number date and .jpg designation following.
    There is also a little gold globe next to all of the pics i am taking with my phone.
    Can anyone tell me what happened and how this could be and what that gold globe is.
    It's a bit unsettling to think that there is some hardware out there being used locally to track my phone use.

Thanks.
    02-15-13 11:49 PM
    Post 'em up.. let's have a look-see...
    02-15-13 11:55 PM
    Do what he says! Post em!
    02-16-13 02:19 AM
    weird
    10char
    02-16-13 02:20 AM
    It may just be from having the GPS on. That just happens to be the area you are in. The GPS with geo tagging on will automatically name the picture after the area you are in. Go back to the place and turn off your GPS and take pictures again and see if changes names.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-16-13 02:41 AM
    It may just be from having the GPS on. That just happens to be the area you are in. The GPS with geo tagging on will automatically name the picture after the area you are in. Go back to the place and turn off your GPS and take pictures again and see if changes names.

Even so, how are they accessing the pictures in the first place? I would understand if they had been uploaded somewhere but if they are just on your phone how could anyone know about it?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 03:03 AM
    Tin foil hat time! Time to sit back and grab some popcorn.
    Barljo likes this.
    02-16-13 03:10 AM
    They didn't access them. They are named from the area you were in from the gps location information. Which I assume is what the gold globe means. Its had geo caching on. As I stated. It is automatically done from the phone. Turn off your gps off and take them again and I'm assuming they won't have a name or a globe next to them.

I don't have a Z10 since they are not available in the states yet. But this is just my guess.

02-16-13 03:22 AM
    He took it on a 9310 not a z10. That explanation sounds right to me.
    02-16-13 04:26 AM
    OK. About 2 weeks ago I had a little fender bender. Local cop came, took statements, etc. Just before he left I took out my 9310 and took some pics of the other guy's car.
    Tonight I am taking new pictures and I notice that all the pictures I took that night and the new pics are all title "Metropolitan Government" (instead of img.) with the number date and .jpg designation following.
    There is also a little gold globe next to all of the pics i am taking with my phone.
    Can anyone tell me what happened and how this could be and what that gold globe is.
    It's a bit unsettling to think that there is some hardware out there being used locally to track my phone use.

Thanks.
    Theres not hardware out there being used locally to track your phone use. Its software.
    02-16-13 04:50 AM
    They didn't access them. They are named from the area you were in from the gps location information. Which I assume is what the gold globe means. Its had geo caching on. As I stated. It is automatically done from the phone. Turn off your gps off and take them again and I'm assuming they won't have a name or a globe next to them.

I don't have a Z10 since they are not available in the states yet. But this is just my guess.

There's a city/area called metropolitan government?
    02-16-13 04:51 AM
    It could be the FBI or the NSA. If you wrap your phone in tin foil, it will stop the Feds from pulling the data off your phone. They can also suck out your brain waves.
    02-16-13 05:00 AM
    There's a city/area called metropolitan government?
    Could've picked up a wifi signal from the cop's car.
    02-16-13 05:19 AM
    Everybody knows that cop cars can pick up, hack into and export all you cell phone info. Big brother is tracking you.
    02-16-13 05:22 AM
    Could've picked up a wifi signal from the cop's car.
    Pickup AND connect?

Even then, if connected to the network the geo tagging and naming of pictures is based off GPS locations, not a wifi name or source.

I am interested to see some screen shots.

Of course if there is an area named metropolitan government where you live it blows my theory out of the water.
    02-16-13 05:26 AM
    Everybody knows that cop cars can pick up, hack into and export all you cell phone info. Big brother is tracking you.
    Not tracking. But if they want something there is nothing in the technology that is stopping them.
    02-16-13 05:27 AM
    I see everyone leaves their gps off while taking photos...
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-16-13 05:28 AM
    Not tracking. But if they want something there is nothing in the technology that is stopping them.

They can track you. The government is always tracking you. Thats why I always wear a tinfoil hat. Don't want them reading and tracking my brainwaves.
    02-16-13 05:29 AM
    He took it on a 9310 not a z10. That explanation sounds right to me.
    Then yes. That's what happened. I didn't fully read. Just browsing. My pictures while I was in Alaska with my GPS and all of them have a gold globe and are named anchorage and then the date. You have nothing to worry about. Its just geo tagging your photos. The Government are not stealing stuff off your phone. Take off the tin foil hat

02-16-13 05:32 AM
    Then yes. That's what happened. I didn't fully read. Just browsing. My pictures while I was in Alaska with my GPS and all of them have a gold globe and are named anchorage and then the date. You have nothing to worry about. Its just geo tagging your photos. The Government are not stealing stuff off your phone. Take off the tin foil hat

When you take off the tin foil hat is when the government tracks you.
    02-16-13 05:37 AM
    I'm in the government. They always track me

02-16-13 05:42 AM
    ^^^See!! Its true!
    02-16-13 05:47 AM

Thanks.
    My Nikon Coolpix GPS do the same thing... somtimes it just automagically change the filenames to whichever place the GPS believes it's in ...
    02-16-13 05:56 AM
    My Nikon Coolpix GPS do the same thing... somtimes it just automagically change the filenames to whichever place the GPS believes it's in ...
    I am just wondering if "metropolitan government" is a place. The OP has to get back to this thread and tell us. I have only seen the GPS tag pictures with a geographic location or region, never a political zone, political region, organization, or building.
    02-16-13 05:59 AM
    I am just wondering if "metropolitan government" is a place. The OP has to get back to this thread and tell us. I have only seen the GPS tag pictures with a geographic location or region, never a political zone, political region, organization, or building.
    Looks like it exist in Tokyo at least ,,, ha ha ha

Tokyo Travel: Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building (Tocho)
    02-16-13 06:06 AM
39 12