A curve 3g was the first smartphone i ever got and was quite happy with it. For some reason a BB always feel like it has been made, rather than slotted together. Then 6 months ago, O2 were clearing their stock of torch 9800s for �15 a month, and i couldnt be happier. People will occasionally say why dont you get an Iphone. I just say i dont want to spend an extra �20 a month. And iphones just look so boring and generic. I like a bit of design.
    02-10-12 03:30 AM
    Tell your friend to download Skyfire or Puffin and she will have full flash as well. Problem solved.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    aww .. really ? sent from your brain . its nice to know how closed off your brain is and how well it syncs w/ itunes , i guess when acta cracks down on cydia and all that fancy stuff , you wont because to sync as well hehe unless you icloud and double your data input - tell siri i like to hear her waste your data package too
    02-17-12 03:58 AM
    Errrr...thanks for whatever you just said. FYI - I ran stock before and would again without complaint, I also ran a hybrid non stock OS on my BB (oh noes, I modified it from what RIM intended - how evil) and I don't have nor want Siri (if you are going to bash devices people own to make yourself feel better at least get the device right). Oh and my 6 gig data plan that costs less than my old 1 gig is just fine, thanks for your concern.

Just to be clear, you attacked me for pointing out there are alternate browsers that are available (to clarify this for you, the official Apple app store WITHOUT JAILBREAK) if flash is that important, and sound like a petulant 2 year old while doing it, but I'm the bad guy?

Okay chief.

Last edited by reeneebob; 02-18-12 at 07:48 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-18-12 07:41 AM
    I have gotten a lot of abuse from my work friends since they have all moved from BB to istuff.

My 9810 is my third BB and I have had a Playbook since mid Dec. Love it...bridge works great, screen is wonderful, love the size (light and easy to hold and transport) and I have 20 or so apps that rock. The only issue has been customer support (had an issue with erratic behavior while charging)...they were a bit slow and confused (4-5 emails asking if I had been helped...that is better than no contact) at first, but once they got it they have been great.

My son uses an ipad and wants to use my Playbook since he prefers it!
    Last edited by PW2012; 02-19-12 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo
    02-18-12 06:12 PM
    This thread has given me an idea for a one of my team lunch meetings:

A Smartphone Showdown!

We have adopted a BYOD policy at work, and the company (an IT consulting firm) still provides either a 97XX or an iPhone 4 as company standards. I stuck with BlackBerry, though managed to con my way into a 9900 provided by the company instead.

I too receive criticism and smartphone prejudice due to having a BlackBerry. Luckily defending a 9900 with OS7 is much easier than my old 9700 with OS5. I think the challenge would be business task oriented, though would include things like:

- Send an email to me with a specific phrase... spelling & punctuation count.
    - Start a Lync/OCS conversation and do the same as the email.
    - Take a photo of our meeting room whiteboard contents & e-mail to me as an attachment.
    - Visit a specific website and record a specific 'word' (2nd paragraph, 3rd word)... and e-mail that to me...

I think these everyday business tasks would be a fun scenario!
    PW2012 likes this.
    02-18-12 08:11 PM
    Yeah this isn't a "OMG like they were totally lyke discriminininating against me"

So basically we were talking about communication in the office and some one said to me (out loud for all to hear) "Some of us have iPhones" and my response was "Some of us have Blackberrys"...everyone scuffed....how immature. At least my messages make sense and don't appear that I'm trying to sex someone up "I got that a billion times".

Oh and when facing a problem to scan a Quick Response code....my little Blackberry Curve 9350 was used as a tool to deal with the issue go figure....Anyway, I love my blackberry and my GPS works better than my Android's GPS ever did.
    Assuming everyone fails to proofread thier messages on any device before pressing send is as dumb as those autocorrect failures themselves. You should always proofread before sending any type of professional contact (SMS, IM, eMail, etc.) to anyone. You'd be surprised the type of auto corect mistakes people have even from PC email clients and word processors.
    02-18-12 09:24 PM
    I have seen more than my fair share of typos and atrocious spelling on the boards here, followed by the "sent from my Crackberry device..."

Typos are a universal problem. Always proofread!

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-19-12 12:15 AM
    I have seen more than my fair share of typos and atrocious spelling on the boards here, followed by the "sent from my Crackberry device..."

Typos are a universal problem. Always proofread!

Many of the posts via PC are just as bad, and the posters have VZW/AT&T/Sprint listed as their carriers in their profiles, so they are in the US, not other countries that do not use English as their native language.
    02-19-12 12:46 AM
    Many of the posts via PC are just as bad, and the posters have VZW/AT&T/Sprint listed as their carriers in their profiles, so they are in the US, not other countries that do not use English as their native language.
    Just like those that don't even bother to use a spellchecker in their browser (firefox, opera, chrome/chromium, maybe safari), IE doesn't even have one (at least I don't think it's enabled by default in IE 8/9) or use Short form spelling/text messaging while at a computer. It's frustraiting to read and understand. I can't take someone serious sometimes and it's clearly easy to misunderstand what they're trying to say.
    02-19-12 01:01 AM
    I admit to being the geek who texts in complete sentences. I loathe text speak. Can one really be so freaking lazy that typing out two whole extra letters like the Y and O in YOU is too much effort?

berry4life99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-19-12 09:27 AM
    I admit to being the geek who texts in complete sentences. I loathe text speak. Can one really be so freaking lazy that typing out two whole extra letters like the Y and O in YOU is too much effort?

You are the only one who texts in complete sentences!

I did the same with a T9 years ago.
    02-19-12 09:38 AM
    Weighing in!

Of my circle of friends, I am one of the few BB users. Most are on Android, one or two on iOS, but many of them left OS5 BlackBerry devices, because they were "old" and the Android devices they went to were so much more advanced and better.

I have never had such an extensive problem with a BB that I wanted to switch. This is due to the fact that many of the common problems people have can be dismissed with a battery pull (which can be inconvenient, I know). One of my buddies has everything but a Windows Phone. His main device? Torch 9810. Backed up with a PlayBook (which I sooooo want to steal). His iPhone is there for whatever he can't do on his BB (not much) and he got the Android (I believe an Amaze or some such) from another friend who got a phone from work.

He says, "Everything this Android can do, my 3GS has done for some time, but better." He, like me, does enjoy the quality and functionality of BB devices, but we both can appreciate what draws people to other devices.

I don't understand it, but I can appreciate that not everyone thinks like I do. It'd be a boring life otherwise.
    Yaceka likes this.
    02-19-12 10:58 AM

I'm with you. I always have written it complete words too. Takes me longer "2" read made up text speak. I'm always thinking... whaaa? Just write the word!!!

reeneebob likes this.
    02-19-12 11:11 AM
    BBM > Apple iMessage.

For everything else however, the iPhone wins.
    02-20-12 10:23 AM
    For me, it's not a matter of being lazy (speaking in text talk).

It's a matter of those who I'm texting (local buddhist leader here, communication is vital, texting is the way to go), don't always have unlimited texting plan (yes, I know!! how can they survive!!). Most of them don't have BB, so no BBM. Some don't even have email.

I'm trying to respect how many texts I send their way, so they don't have to pay.
    Since I know not how many people have that unimited plan, I tend to shorten my number of characters so it fits in one text if at all possible.
    02-20-12 10:29 AM
    For me, it's not a matter of being lazy (speaking in text talk).

It's a matter of those who I'm texting (local buddhist leader here, communication is vital, texting is the way to go), don't always have unlimited texting plan (yes, I know!! how can they survive!!). Most of them don't have BB, so no BBM. Some don't even have email.

I'm trying to respect how many texts I send their way, so they don't have to pay.
    Since I know not how many people have that unimited plan, I tend to shorten my number of characters so it fits in one text if at all possible.
    Don't worry, you are using texting as it was intended (SMS Short Message Service). That's why there was a character limitation. It's textng, not emailing.

Older folk have a tough time dealing with change.
    02-20-12 01:19 PM
    I'm with you. I always have written it complete words too. Takes me longer "2" read made up text speak. I'm always thinking... whaaa? Just write the word!!!

I know, like, even on forums, is it so hard to type "please" instead of plz or pls? It drives me up the wall when you're in front of a full sized keyboard and people are typing like they're using a phone...
    02-20-12 01:26 PM
    @MobileUnlocked Maybe for you, but those who use blackberry, they're enjoying what they've got when it meets their needs.
    02-20-12 01:29 PM
    Aren't people sick of that "mine is bigg...better" debate?
    Who cares who uses what. iPhones, Android, and Berrys are great. Each fits one individual better than the others. Do we all dress the same? Do we all have the same haircut? The same dog? The same taste in women/men? The same computer? Do we criticize people for every little detail in their life? I wouldn't mind having an iPhone, I just love my 9900 much more, just for that keyboard of his... and i wouldn't trade that for anything else. Even my retailer told me not to buy the 9900. He's pro Android. I said thanks, smiled, "now give me the phone". This war has no end. I wish people would stop giving a fupp.
    cntrydncr223 and newcollector like this.
    02-20-12 02:11 PM
    Who cares who uses what. iPhones, Android, and Berrys are great. Each fits one individual better than the others. Do we all dress the same? Do we all have the same haircut? The same dog? The same taste in women/men? The same computer? Do we criticize people for every little detail in their life? I wouldn't mind having an iPhone, I just love my 9900 much more, just for that keyboard of his... and i wouldn't trade that for anything else. Even my retailer told me not to buy the 9900. He's pro Android. I said thanks, smiled, "now give me the phone". This war has no end. I wish people would stop giving a fupp.
    I've posted similar to this. Im with ya on this one. I wish I could afford to have all Smart Phones and all the Tablets that are on the market. I would have an Electronic Orgasm..
    02-20-12 02:21 PM
    color me agreed.........
    02-20-12 02:31 PM
    You are the only one who texts in complete sentences!

I did the same with a T9 years ago.
    I must be the second person because I text in complete sentences also. LOL. (Hey, I did LOL!)
    02-20-12 04:00 PM
    Totally agree. It's as if people want to live in a society where we have no choice in the products we buy (monopolies?) and everyone looks and owns the same as everyone else. It's a good thing that there are more than one company producing the devices we love so much. It forces them to innovate and improve the technology as fast as they can. We win in the end. But hey, what do I know. Everyone should buy an iPhone, right?
    02-20-12 04:09 PM
    So many people try to get me to drop my BB for android or iphone. Idk why they look so shocked when I say that I don't care for either of those platforms. Some even get mad when I say "I'm good with my BlackBerry"....I'll never understand.
    02-20-12 08:43 PM
    Don't worry, you are using texting as it was intended (SMS Short Message Service). That's why there was a character limitation. It's textng, not emailing.

Older folk have a tough time dealing with change.
    LMAO --- Laugh my arse off

Tailor it for all ^^^
    Last edited by Ben1232; 02-20-12 at 09:50 PM.
    02-20-12 09:47 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD